• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03` Vertical Escape, Opinions on sled.

Dazzler

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2009
Cochrane Ab
Great looking sled!! I have two, single slp on one and twins on the other, stay with the single slp. I have 4550 miles on original crank, pulled the motor down this summer, give her new pistons and crank bearings. I service my clutch every 1000 - 1200 miles and keep a good belt on. A big wheel kit on the back is a must as you will find they will back up considerably better when not on hard pack and the two wheel option will help on side hilling.

E

escape6875

Dec 29, 2007
Twisp,Wa
I'm 5'6" 150 +gear...this is what i did,narrow the sled,19-43 gears,port the track,big wheel kit. Bolt on a pair of polaris frontier skies these are extra wide(about 8")sidehiller2's great price because you already have the hardware i paid $40each new,besides big foot print in back big foot print in front. Engine plate, big bearing kit, slp single pipe, plug the decompression hole(slp), than slp porting, than have Millenium Technologies re-nikasil your cylinders. V-force reeds, handlebar riser. Change your stock primary spring Part#7043342(Black/Green)every year, check your weight(62gr/64gr)bushings. Check your exhaust bellows Part#5412733 and springs Part#7041704-04 every year, i don't think it's necessary to carry one even if you blow one out on the hill it will still get you back to the truck. It's still good idea to change your water pump in the shop so you know how and what you need on the trail and yes carry one (in six years i have'ent needed mine) the trick is check it every year and once a ride pull your rope all the way out this prevents a loose loop from getting under your belt. I tried riding without my swaybar when it was broke and i did'nt care for it.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Newport, WA
I'm 5'6" 150 +gear...this is what i did,narrow the sled,19-43 gears,port the track,big wheel kit. Bolt on a pair of polaris frontier skies these are extra wide(about 8")sidehiller2's great price because you already have the hardware i paid $40each new,besides big foot print in back big foot print in front. Engine plate, big bearing kit, slp single pipe, plug the decompression hole(slp), than slp porting, than have Millenium Technologies re-nikasil your cylinders. V-force reeds, handlebar riser. Change your stock primary spring Part#7043342(Black/Green)every year, check your weight(62gr/64gr)bushings. Check your exhaust bellows Part#5412733 and springs Part#7041704-04 every year, i don't think it's necessary to carry one even if you blow one out on the hill it will still get you back to the truck. It's still good idea to change your water pump in the shop so you know how and what you need on the trail and yes carry one (in six years i have'ent needed mine) the trick is check it every year and once a ride pull your rope all the way out this prevents a loose loop from getting under your belt. I tried riding without my swaybar when it was broke and i did'nt care for it.
Joe, I've never met you but I have talked with you on the phone some a few years back about sled set up... mines still stock :( Aren't you running the SLP performance edition motor package?

C
My buddy has the same sled cept he lengthened the track to a 159, put on a big wheel kit, had the motor punched out to an 860 or 880, SLP everything team secondary and painted the thing black with two simple white POLARIS decals on the hood and a lexan headlight cover.

Its a wicked sled!!

Matter of fact so wicked in fact that me on my new Summit and another buddy on a shiny new 2010 Artic Kat HCR are concerned about keeping up with this modded out Edge whilst climbing....Its almost time to hit the snow so time will tell.

One little issue tho...My buddys primary clutch is now hashed as the wieghts tipped in. He needs a new clutch ASAP. If any of you Edghe guys have one thats not trashed you wanna sell for a fair price???

Lemme know. PM?

R
Nov 27, 2007
Newport, WA
My buddy has the same sled cept he lengthened the track to a 159, put on a big wheel kit, had the motor punched out to an 860 or 880, SLP everything team secondary and painted the thing black with two simple white POLARIS decals on the hood and a lexan headlight cover.

Its a wicked sled!!

Matter of fact so wicked in fact that me on my new Summit and another buddy on a shiny new 2010 Artic Kat HCR are concerned about keeping up with this modded out Edge whilst climbing....Its almost time to hit the snow so time will tell.

One little issue tho...My buddys primary clutch is now hashed as the wieghts tipped in. He needs a new clutch ASAP. If any of you Edghe guys have one thats not trashed you wanna sell for a fair price???

Lemme know. PM?
FWIW, The 03 Escape ONLY came in an 800, 159" track, black with red and silver graphics. Your bud must have an 04... Anyways on the clutch PM mountainhorse, I believe he had one.

Premium Features