• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 motor In a m chassis

M
Jan 28, 2008
NW Montana
I have a M chassis and I'm thinking of doing this but I'm afraid of the M secondary it's not as efficient as the KK roller secondary and I don't want the think to fall flat on it's face or have a clutching nightmare. what do you think?

It would be sweet to also install a CMX belt drive with a 900 in a M

F
Aug 17, 2010
K-Town, BC
Yeah ive ridden both. My 900 def has more kick off the line but I thought that might be due to the twin pipes or the larger track getting more grip in the snow.

My mates 1000 only has a 153 track so I thought that was where I was getting a better start off the line.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Yeah ive ridden both. My 900 def has more kick off the line but I thought that might be due to the twin pipes or the larger track getting more grip in the snow.

My mates 1000 only has a 153 track so I thought that was where I was getting a better start off the line.

Nope, I have also ridden / owned both and without a doubt the old 900 has more bottom end grunt !
I am toying with the idea of putting my 900 motor in a 06 rev chassis. I think it would be a much easier job then making it fit in the m chassis.

F

Fiddy

Dec 17, 2007
remsen iowa
just bought a m7 going to do this swap looked at mountain addiction and cutler didnt see anything for this any info would be appreciated thanks jamie

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
First thing you need to find is the engine plate. Chances are pretty good who ever you find that fabs plates for the M-series can drill the 900 engine mount holes. If not, you can drill them yourself with a clutch alignment tool. Just make sure the center to center distance is correct and you have some secondary shim adjustment both ways.

I put one in a Polaris Assault chassis and the hardest part was being able to use the 900 front engine mounts. I got them in by bolting them to two 2"w x 8"l 1/2" strips of aluminum plate that was bolted to the bulkhead a couple inches under the header.

B
Nov 17, 2008
I have a few threads of conversions I've done in the member sled builds section, I just posted pics of the most recent. It is a tricky build but very do-able and awesome torque in a lightweight chassis.

Premium Features