• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 motor In a m chassis

Sep 27, 2009
Hey my buddies and I are looking into putting a carburated 900 cat motor into a m chassis and are looking for some more ideas and a 900 motor from a king or mountain cat sled thanks

900kingkitty

Nov 27, 2007
terrace b.c, canada
i think cutler used to make a swap kit for this, if not them someone did, it involved useing a motor adapter plate, and you had to trim some of the bulkhead.been a while but would be a deadly swap.

Richey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Union Bay did do one as well as mountain addiction. They were really cool sleds. From what I here though there was a ton of work involved to pull it off. Timwfo on here has union bay racings old sled (M1150) he had it for sale awhile back and still might be selling it.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Here's the swapmeet thread for the Mountain Addiction one:

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99791

attachment.php

attachment.php

I could only find this pic of the UBR one. I know I've seen underhood pics, I'll keep looking
attachment.php

Last edited:

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Noticed that the Mountain Addiction sled mentioned it was a bulkhead and tunnel from VE. But the bulkhead doesn't look that modified. Cool idea I guess but how hard would it be to get the 1M chassis to handle close to the M? I notice a lot of riders cuss the rear skid,,, why not spend a little time with shock valving and some adjusting on the skid before it is thrown under the bus.

D

Double A

Nov 27, 2007
Central Washington
I have the mountain addiction sled if you run into a dead end or two.
You may find that the diamond drive needs to be relocated..rearward. Among numerous other things.

It does work well..I will say that.

M

mod matt

Feb 7, 2010
soldotna alaska
I am very interested on how they ran there steering cuz i am currently building a m sled with a 900 kk motor in it, would love to see more on this if anybody has any pics or advise.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
M

I am very interested on how they ran there steering cuz i am currently building a m sled with a 900 kk motor in it, would love to see more on this if anybody has any pics or advise.

Try copying the snopro racer chassis from 08 or 09. Been looking at the possibility of using the over the engine steering system on one of these.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Nice , I'll keep a watch out for your progress.

I would think it would be easier to make a 1-M chassis into a M.

Owen

Premium Features