• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help.....King Cat front dump mod photos

C

cwass55

Oct 7, 2008
O.K. guys...I am looking to mod my SLP twins pipes/can on my 2005 carbed King Cat this year to get rid of the dreaded powder bog and need some ideas. Please provide any photos of your set up. I have tried every suggestion except the front dump mod on the Snowest forum to fix this frustrating powder bog problem with no luck.

K

knuts82

Dec 12, 2007
Bismarck ND
I built one that works awsome, i cut the end off a 05 m7 exhaust and added a 3" pipe out the front of the slp twin can and removed the bottom dump and made new mounts, i think it even ran better after i did this, ill see if i can find some pics.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Not SLP twins but did the same thing. SLP has u-bends that you can buy to try and do something yourself. These are mine.

attachment.php

http://snowest.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=78580&d=1254663285

Last edited:
C

cwass55

Oct 7, 2008
I have heard about the tunnel dump, can you explain further. Sounds like even a better idea.

C
Dec 26, 2008
Get a Jaws front dump can. Very easy install, just plug old hole in bottom of belly pan & cut new hole in front. I put one on last year and wish I would have done it years ago. Finally no more bog in deep pow!!

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
http://snowest.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=64183&d=1238903881

attachment.php

Pics of a tunnel dump with the chaincase there would be cool. Tight fit but I'd almost consider doing it to mine except the costs associated with getting someone to do the fab for you. CR did mine and love 'em but it wasn't something my sled ever had a problem with(bogging) much more of a "because I can" moment rather than functionality.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
C

cwass55

Oct 7, 2008
Twostroke.....photos, costs, and installation tips of the tunnel dump would be great! We will patiently wait your post. Much appreaciated.

scoop

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
idaho
front dump

I did it to both twins from slp can and on a single slp can. Both worked out good and ran great! I dont have pic's of the twin but tomorrow im gonna unload the mighty beast and get started on front dumping the cpc/jaws twins I am putting on. So i will take some pics of what i did w/the single. I tried the slp twins and didnt notice a huge gain over my sw single w/slp can so I went back to the single. Last year i went with 1000 pistons and am thinking the twins might work better on a ported cyl so I am trying the cpc/jaws twins from cpc bigbore. If it dont work well enough the single will live on!!!!!!!!!

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
this is the jaws single can
P1010382.jpg

and this is the jaws twins they came dumped out the bottom but had one of the local shops reroute the last part after the stinger. not the best photo but hope it will help
1005090921.jpg

1005090922.jpg

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Anyone have a pic and a parts list for doing a front dump with the slp single setup? Will the jaws front dump can work with the slp single?

Thanks,
Chris

Premium Features