• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone considering a 2010 FX Nytro MTX SE?

N
Feb 6, 2008
Congrats Brother! :D

I would have made the dealer throw in a relocator kit too :)

Did you go Black or Blue? Post up pics when you get her.

scmurs

Thanks guys ! And oh don't you worry Scott, I'll be contacting you once again for another relocator kit ASAP. Also on the list is an adapter/riser set up, another Yosh pipe mod, lightweight YTZ7s, and possibly some clutching and K&N's just like it's lil brother. Every Yamaha I own is Team color, so I went with the BLUE of course ;)

N
Feb 6, 2008
You gonna pop for a new set of TEAM YAMAHA KLIM gear to go with it?:face-icon-small-hap

Not this year, I'm already decked out with Team Yamaha FXR gear. I'm going to concentrate on making the sled lighter and have better performance first, might even juice'r up if I can find a reputable place nearby that does "installs" :cool:

N
Feb 6, 2008
Whats your DIET plan for the sled to transform her into a Lean Mean Sledding Machine???

Nothing too drastic. If I can shave 40 lbs off it like I did with my RTX, I'll be happy. The pipe mod and lightweight battery makes it -25lbs alone. I'll be satisfied if it's sub 500lbs dry when I'm done.

I
Jan 24, 2008
kelowna BC
2010 nytro 162

ive had mine for over a month now. Already have the boondocker turbo kit installed. comes with the big gas tank and I weighed it against my buddys 2008 dragon turbo 800 and the nytro was 50lbs heavier. full of gas ready to ride...cant wait for snow.....cr

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Does anyone know what the TRUE WEIGHT is on a new 153 SE ???

i calced this out last night cuz i wondered wth yamaha didn't have it listed.

going by the 08 weight of 554# (WITH reverse)

the '10 SE 153" should be aprox 541# (WITH reverse).
thats guessing weights on the rear floats vs stock shocks, and guessing the wt savings of a single ply track (even tho the maverick is really quite light in the first place), and wt savings for no sway bar.

maybe even another pound or so for the rear tunnel mod changes...(but doubtfull)

N
Feb 6, 2008
I'd say it'll be lighter than 541 lbs. They claim to have lost 21 lbs from last year's sled. Lighter shocks all around, no rear torsion springs, no rear wheels and mounts, lighter single ply track, new tunnel, and no sway bar. I'm guessing this sled should be only 20 lbs heavier than the 121 RTX, and about the same weight as the XTX 144. I seriously thought about the XTX, but the MTX SE offered so much more out of the crate that would cost thousands more in the difference to make the XTX comparable. I guess the only way to know for sure would be to actually weigh the sled. I wonder who will be the first ?

M
Jun 9, 2008
Maine
NyTrO, or anyone else, if you dont want the extra idlers that come along with the unit, for where there ice scratchers go, I am looking for about 8 complete idler, mount, hardware assemblies.

N
Feb 6, 2008
Picked up my new 2010 FX Nytro MTX SE 153 today, man, what a nice looking sled ! I don't see too many mountain sleds around here, so there were a few features that caught me by surprise right away. First off was the
L E N G T H !!! Compared to my 121, it's very long to say the least ! The second was the SKIS, man are they WIDE ! I was considering a set of Slydog Powderhounds, but these skis look real good, I'm gonna give them a good try before I decide. Other things I noticed was the overall width. The dealer set the ski stance as wide as possible using the spacers, however, this made it near impossible to run both my RTX and the MTX beside each other in the trailer. I'm going to put the skis back in the center position and see how that compares. The track lugs are quite tall and firm, but I still think it's the previous Mav track. The lugs were beginning to fold slightly just from the sled being strapped down for the ride home (80 mile trip). I hope I'm wrong and they stay in place, but I'm not betting on it. I'm not a big fan of the tilted back riser, so that needs to go. The front and rear suspension shocks are wayyy softer than my RTX, still not sure what amount of air pressure they are running at now, but I'll more than likely be adding A LOT ! That's about all I can say for now without actually riding the sled. Hoping I get a chance this month, if not, I'm sure I'll be out sometime in Dec as usual. Anyway, I'll post some pics tomorrow, it was a long day, otherwise, they'd be up already.

NOW BRING ON THE SNOW !!! :D

Last edited:
A
Dec 16, 2007
Alaska
Nice sled

I like the way the newer version looks except that gay bumper? Why would they curve it down when you get stuck it's just going to be that much harder to get your hands under.....DUH. I hope it can be flipped over to make the curve up. Love the picture let's see some more!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
here is my 10 just need the other imporant part......SNOW
Did you ever get your snow?
I know here in Rigby we are still waiting.

With as little snow as we have had, I have had no compelling reason to spend any money on a new sled yet.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I pulled the trigger this afternoon.

I am now officially a YAMAHA RIDER!

20091019165039968.jpg

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

mtnmodviper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Pocatello, Idaho
Found a SMOKING DEAL on this sled today.

Umotors out of Fargo North Dakota.
Nytro MTX SE 162
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010...3a5618b77dQQitemZ250552563581QQptZSnowmobiles

US $10,699 + Tax = Out the door.

So did you get one from ND, or use their price for bargaining power at RMS? That's quite a bit cheaper than anywhere else I've seen. Congratulations!

Premium Features