• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone considering a 2010 FX Nytro MTX SE?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Looks like there are a pile of new 2009 Nytros out there.
Another dealer here in Idaho offered me this package.

1 2010 FX nytro MTX SE 153 + 1 2009 FX Nytro MTX 153

$11,483 + $7,599

or

1 2010 FX Nytro MTX SE 153 + 1 2008 FX Nytro MTX 153

$11,483 + $6,999

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Why wouldn't you just buy 2 08's or 2 09's or 1 of each and put $4000 into each of them? I am sure they would smoke that new one!!!!

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Why wouldn't you just buy 2 08's or 2 09's or 1 of each and put $4000 into each of them? I am sure they would smoke that new one!!!!

If it was me, that is the route I'd take...but there is a nice fuzzy feeling having the newest sled out there.

Chris I'd look at getting the 08. I am pretty sure the only difference in the 08 and 09 is some sub-frame stiffeners that you can get aftermarket or fab some up for cheaper than 600 bones. Then take the 600 and put a Challenger or challenger extreme, or if you get lucky....a powerclaw someone has taken off their sled.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well, it certainly looks like the local dealers are motivated to sell off some stock. I had no idea how poor the margins were on these sleds for the dealers. Its a vicious business, and no wonder why so many dealers have closed their doors this year.

I am toying with the new 2010 for me, and 1 or 2 of the 08/09s for family and friends.

N
Feb 6, 2008
Well, it certainly looks like the local dealers are motivated to sell off some stock. I had no idea how poor the margins were on these sleds for the dealers. Its a vicious business, and no wonder why so many dealers have closed their doors this year.

I am toying with the new 2010 for me, and 1 or 2 of the 08/09s for family and friends.

Make it 3, ol buddy ol pal ! ;)

Still waiting on a trade in deal on the 2010 MTX SE here. Might trade the 07 Phazer FX in if the offer is good. Then again, after reading stevo10's price, I might be better off just buying the sled outright ! $2300 off MSRP, WOW !

motojunkie101

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
yeah the dealers are really hurting! I feel even worse for the canadian customers since they are paying a LOT more up there for the same sled. The dollar and loonie are only 3 cents apart right now and they are paying a couple grand more.

No matter what you end up with, you'll be happy on a Nytro after a few rides to get used to it.

mtnmodviper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Pocatello, Idaho
Christopher,
If you can afford the 2010, then I'd definitely go for the 2010. They have much better front suspension, better rear suspension, tunnel that won't drag as much in the snow, and way better approach angle. I wish there was an easy way to give my stock 08 that new approach without spending a bunch. The steering characteristics of the 08's leave alot to be desired as well. Sure, you could get an 08 or 09 for around 7000, then add a decent tunnel 1700+ (unless you want to do some cutting on the stock tunnel), front shocks 600+, rear skid 1500+(this is a must in my opinion), and probably a track other than the maverick that came on the 08-09's ataround 400+. After all this work, you'd still have the old version of the nytro (less re-sale value), steep approach angle, and bad steering characteristics.

I have two 08's. One with all the good stuff including a turbo, and a stock one with a KMOD skid and challenger 153" track. I love both sleds, but if I was in your shoes, I'd get at least one of the 2010 SE 162's.

My brother is selling his stock 08 to get a 2010, then turbo. I posted a link to his ad in the swapmeet. The sled is like new for 6200. By the way, I just moved to Rigby. I see that's where you are. We'll have to get together for a ride sometime.

T

twincam88

Oct 10, 2009
yorkton sask
steveo you got a hell of a deal. mine was 17,000 after taxes and ****!!who cares **** it thats what i have to tell myself lol

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Went back over to Rexburg Motor Sports this afternoon to pick up 2 of my Quads that were in for Repairs & Mods. Ended up spending an hour with their sales manager discussing the current state of the industry, dealerships, sled sales, ect..

In the end it got back down to this Yamaha I am considering. All of them we "nudging" me into the 162 over the 153.

I know the reality is, I am going to end up spending a fair amount of time ON TRAIL with my wife and kids, and getting the 163 concerns me because thats a LOT of track for trail riding. Granted, it will be ALL THE BETTER for off trail, but would I hate this thing when I am with the kids and wife just scooting around???

motojunkie101

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Granted, it will be ALL THE BETTER for off trail, but would I hate this thing when I am with the kids and wife just scooting around???

You wont regret getting the 162. I honestly didn't notice it being any harder to steer than my stock 153 was, and it had the tipped up rails. The SE comes with scratchers right? That would be the only thing I'd add if it doesn't.

N
Feb 6, 2008
Went back over to Rexburg Motor Sports this afternoon to pick up 2 of my Quads that were in for Repairs & Mods. Ended up spending an hour with their sales manager discussing the current state of the industry, dealerships, sled sales, ect..

In the end it got back down to this Yamaha I am considering. All of them we "nudging" me into the 162 over the 153.

I know the reality is, I am going to end up spending a fair amount of time ON TRAIL with my wife and kids, and getting the 163 concerns me because thats a LOT of track for trail riding. Granted, it will be ALL THE BETTER for off trail, but would I hate this thing when I am with the kids and wife just scooting around???

You're concerned about moving up from a 153 to a 162 ? Heck, I'm going from a 121 to a 153 ! Myself, I think I'd stick with your initial 153 length. On that note, anyone happen to know exactly how much more track is actually on the ground when comparing the 153 to a 121 Nytro ?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You wont regret getting the 162. I honestly didn't notice it being any harder to steer than my stock 153 was, and it had the tipped up rails. The SE comes with scratchers right? That would be the only thing I'd add if it doesn't.
Just trying to be carefull and not purchase something I might regret down the road....

Yamaha says..
Lightweight ice scratchers eliminate four idler wheels and their mounting hardware.
So it looks like they are included.

N
Feb 6, 2008
You planning on coming down to lovely Rigby Idaho and hanging out for a day trip to Island Park?:)

I would love to someday, but can't see it happening anytime soon, Thanks anyway ! :beer; Myself, I'm just hoping I can make it to the Lewis Hills in NL this year, quite the spot for the MTX SE if I get one. So, have you made your decision yet ?

Last edited:

Ult680

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Ada, MI
I haven't heard anything on my 153 se yet, keep hoping! If I get it after Nov 30 they take $1000.00 off, so I can go either way at this point!

Premium Features