• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone running the camso yeti 129 track and rail extensions?

2smokin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2018
Bozeman MT
Anybody end up buying the 129 track and extension getup? I have enjoyed the 120 convex thoroughly but I'm a big guy so I could use some more track in the bottomless pow. I have been thinking of just putting the convex up for sale and making the switch if someone buys it not totally sure what I should be asking for it though. Also just wanting to make sure the rail extensions aren't going to snap in half. I have rode with some guy's on camso and the traction was remarkable, I realize it isn't the exact same track but if performance would be similar i'd be a happy camper.

2smokin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2018
Bozeman MT
There should be someone out there to give you some feedback. I have sold 14 sets this season.
That’s reassuring! Hoping to be number 15 soon, I was expecting to see more people showing them off, seems like it must be a great set up to me.

T
Jan 19, 2008
Kootenays
My concern with the Camso 129 track is chain clearance on the mountain horse and raw kits. It was an issue with some bikes. Id assume the 2.5" paddles across the track could potentially be an issue for chain clearance.
Id think it would be a awesome setup if you could get around the chain clearance!

2smokin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2018
Bozeman MT
I’m assuming many people would have to notch the left paddles a bit but that isn’t to scary to me, the convex 2.5 comes with a notch and my chain certainly uses the extra room.

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Anybody end up buying the 129 track and extension getup? I have enjoyed the 120 convex thoroughly but I'm a big guy so I could use some more track in the bottomless pow. I have been thinking of just putting the convex up for sale and making the switch if someone buys it not totally sure what I should be asking for it though. Also just wanting to make sure the rail extensions aren't going to snap in half. I have rode with some guy's on camso and the traction was remarkable, I realize it isn't the exact same track but if performance would be similar i'd be a happy camper.

2smokin,
You don't say what kit and year you are asking about extending. Assume an older timbersled if you are talking about notching paddles?

I destroyed my 2018 RAW track and really interested into this !

Are the extensions still available ?
Do you have to notch the track ?
I'm pretty sure you do and that's not a big deal but I would really appreciate photo of the setup please !

D
Apr 25, 2019
WA
I rode my RAW last year and this year without notching my CMX track. As the new chain stretched a tad, I felt it was time. Just notched it last weekend and glad I did. If you zoom in, you can see the extensions and the notches. Yes, the tensioner bolt and spacer are missing. I forgot to tighten it and it fell out. At least the tensioner wheels stayed put for 4 more hours until 2 miles from the truck they fell apart! Pieces everywhere. Second pic is my quick fix to get home after finding most of the parts.

20210306_125818[1].jpg 20210306_173857[1].jpg

Feb 23, 2019
Cheney Wa
I rode my RAW last year and this year without notching my CMX track. As the new chain stretched a tad, I felt it was time. Just notched it last weekend and glad I did. If you zoom in, you can see the extensions and the notches. Yes, the tensioner bolt and spacer are missing. I forgot to tighten it and it fell out. At least the tensioner wheels stayed put for 4 more hours until 2 miles from the truck they fell apart! Pieces everywhere. Second pic is my quick fix to get home after finding most of the parts.
Dr Z kit with cmx track gets around really well. goes every where I do on my Aro3.

Premium Features