• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sierra Madre Sled Looters

Lander

Premium Member
Nov 12, 2011
Casper, WY
Had to leave my Skidoo (lost the crank in my ETEC with only 1400mi.) in a meadow just West of Doane Peak about .8mi south of the CDT restrooms Friday until we could recover it today. Some asshat(s) stole my brand new goggles and all my tools. Not that I can do much about it other than vent and hope karma gets these bastards.

OCDsledder

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2003
Cheyenne WY
What the hell is wrong with people. That person would be the first one to throw a complete fit on here if it happened to them. If it's not yours, leave it alone.
Sorry you had problems with your sled to begin with.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Wow thats a crock of **** ... .

Bigtime.

Makes you wish you could catch whoever did that and beat them until they were quadriplegics who had to live out the rest of their lives in convalescent homes because they were stupid ....

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
There was a time not so long ago when here in Wyoming you never had to worry about stuff like that. The Ryan Park side and Encampment side where mostly locals and everyone knew everyone. Lately, I have seen more and more out of towners on that side. The theft has gone up the parking is bad people just think they own the place. Not saying locals don't do anything wrong. Look leave others stuff alone, park your rig and be respectful and don't just take the whole spot because you have some overpriced hauler and you're from Flatlandville. The Green Rock side is whole another story the Jackwagons over there is over the top. You Can't Fix Stupid.

Lander

Premium Member
Nov 12, 2011
Casper, WY
The thing about is there are usually never more than 10 to 15 rigs at Bottle Creek parking lot and it's usually the same guys from Rawlins, Cheyenne, Casper, Laramie and the miscellaneous out of staters. Everyone knows my sled (yellow T3 with Curious George wrap). My guess is it was someone who didn't frequent the area, it was in an easy place to access, the belt was still laying on the console and the spare still in it which leaves me to believe they were on something other than a Skidoo, we know how expensive the belts are. We rarely lock our trailer and are usually the last ones back to the lot at the end of the day. It's obviously not a big loss, but 99% of us are out enjoying ourselves and the other 1% are being dicks. It would have been more enjoyable to ditch my sled in North Spring Creek and have to leave it the rest of the winter rather than deal with petty ****.

Premium Features