• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 Phazer GT Clutching

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Last winter I bought my youngest daughter a GT stretched out to 136 with a ripsaw track. She loves the sled but the clutching is all wrong. It loses 1500+ rpms in the powder. Does anyone have some recommendation for 4 to 6K riding?

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Last winter I bought my youngest daughter a GT stretched out to 136 with a ripsaw track. She loves the sled but the clutching is all wrong. It loses 1500+ rpms in the powder. Does anyone have some recommendation for 4 to 6K riding?

Put an older Yamaha secondary clutch on it, the one on it now was designed for the OLD Phazer and won't handle the power correctly (as seen by odd back shifting in powder). A VMax secondary clutch will bolt right on but the others need some splines milled out of the clutch. Plenty of instructions out there if you search for them.

Not recommending it but I used a small side grinder and elongated the splines on my 2007 Phazer secondary shaft, bought a longer bolt and spacer and put a secondary off a mountain max on my Phazer....cost me 50 bucks for a secondary off Ebay and an hour of my time. Better way is to take secondary to machine shop for spline removal, but I am a cheap bastard by nature

Premium Features