• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt drive options for snowcheck 163 x 3

O
Dec 5, 2009
CDA, ID
How many options are out there to switch to a belt drive on an Axys 163 x3? What issues will I run into - things to consider? I apologize if there is a thread on this already - I didn't see one. Thanks

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD
I went with a TKI kit on my 155x3
d0c58c9cd274d9f7bf980075133ace85.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
I talked to Kurt at the Edmonton snowmobile show. He said they have two kits- one with a narrow belt and one with a wide belt. He said the preferred one to use would be the wide one, but it won't work cause the brake disc is in the way. He doesn't really recommend using the narrow one for the 3" application. It's too bad, cause I really wanted a Kurt's kit. It's the only kit that saves weight over even a stock quickdrive (to my understanding).

Last edited:

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
i just got my kit on thursday, and tried to put it in.....tried. it didn fit, so i called tom and he was like WTF. so we went threw how his parts are suppose to go and how on my sled that it didnt work like that. turns out polaris did a mid build change on the jack shaft. after we went threw why it didnt work he was like damn it, and now knew what happend,so he said i WILL have the correct parts in the mail today(friday), and you call me asap when u get them and find out if they fit or not. so if you guys have a chain case 3" sled and buy a tki kit and it dont fit dont shoot tom, polaris did a change and he WILL get you the correct parts, and easy to deal with and is a straight up honest dude

Premium Features