• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Product: PES - Billet Lightweight Starter Pulley

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
Polaris - Lightweight Billet Starter Pulley ***PRE-SALE***NOVEMBER SHIP DATE***

**See Swapmeet post for Pricing info**

We are excited to announce our new collaboration product with Zollinger Racing Products! This offers a huge performance gain!

• Expertly machined from High Strength, Extreme Performance Billet Aluminum
  • 66% Lighter than stock. (-132g)
  • Stronger than stock (Tensile & Hardness)
  • 1/3 the rotational inertia of stock
  • Faster acceleration
  • Greatly improved Throttle Response
  • Combine with our Titanium Flywheel bolts to further improve performance!
20151003_152324_zpsodyjfh0y.jpg

20151003_152319_zpsdob62lsf.jpg

TITANIUM FLYWHEEL BOLT KIT

• Direct Replacement for heavy stock bolts.
  • Reduces rotating inertia by 45%!
  • Improves throttle response & drivetrain efficiency.
  • 15g lighter.
  • Only available from PES.

20141103_104646.jpg

Last edited:

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
How much of a PITA is it to swap one of these?

It's pretty easy once you get your recoil housing off. And getting that off is pretty easy too if you have a piviot socket to reach the 2 bottom bolts on the housing.
I take those bottom 2 bolts out on all of my sleds from the beginning and don't put them back because if you ever have to take that cover off in the backcountry it's pretty much impossible to get those 2 out.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
As a note these should fit all Polaris engines made in the last 20 years, at least. There are some slight visual differences but the functional dimensions have remain unchanged (to my knowledge). I've used the older starter cups on the newer engines because of availability and the older ones were slightly lighter (more material removed, dual bolt pattern, etc.). FWIW

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
It's pretty easy once you get your recoil housing off. And getting that off is pretty easy too if you have a piviot socket to reach the 2 bottom bolts on the housing.
I take those bottom 2 bolts out on all of my sleds from the beginning and don't put them back because if you ever have to take that cover off in the backcountry it's pretty much impossible to get those 2 out.

Has anybody Eyeballed the possibility of drilling the side plates for access to the lower two? I started to this morning when PES posted this but my back is disagreeing with setting an engine this AM. I would hope that you could get a straight enough shot at them between stiffening ribs and not comprise any needed strength.

I'll take some dimensions and try that route or move the sled to where I can use some mechanical advantage. And post a update.

Update From my measurements it looks like with 2 1/4" holes thru the side plate in non- structural locations one could access both lower bolts with a standard T handle allen wrench as long as the allen portion was 4-5" inches long. If you wanted to use a 1/4" drive ratchet and extension with socket you could upsize the holes to 3/8 and put the extension thru and then add the socket. I'll map out the exact locations for the straightest shot and post them, for those that are interested.

Last edited:

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
Nice products at fair prices. I also want to commend you on how nice your website is to use for mobile.

Thank you! That was a major goal when building my site. I've actually considered offering to design sites for some other snowmobile parts companies as there's really no good excuse for not having a good web site now a days.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
so any feed back from folks who have run it ?
or is it brand new ?
what about using in with the clutch cover ? wouldn't that create quicker revving engine

i remember AO using the new lighter crank in his turbo pro and he said it rev quicker than his previous pro

thanks

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
What about a lightened flywheel as well? Anyone doing them? Or would it cost too much? I was told VOHK had a lightened flywheel in his turbo sled last year. lighten the flywheel, starter pulley, and clutch cover a guy could take a good bit of rotating weight out

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
What about a lightened flywheel as well? Anyone doing them? Or would it cost too much? I was told VOHK had a lightened flywheel in his turbo sled last year. lighten the flywheel, starter pulley, and clutch cover a guy could take a good bit of rotating weight out

I've lightened my flywheel 35g. If enough people are interested I'd look into offering it(reply or send a pm if you are). Would probably cost something like $50-$100 to do it.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I've lightened my flywheel 35g. If enough people are interested I'd look into offering it(reply or send a pm if you are). Would probably cost something like $50-$100 to do it.

Are you just taking material out? What about billet our Ti?

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
how much faster will my sled accelerate? will I have to install bigger weights? If I have electric start will this help me?

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
how much faster will my sled accelerate? will I have to install bigger weights? If I have electric start will this help me?

Removing(or adding) weight from the drivetrain will have no affect on your clutch setup. And yes this mod is compatible with and beneficial to electric start models as well

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Just ordered my pulley today. Bobby is an awesome guy and knws his stuff!! Can't wait for the titanium and billet bling buddy!! Thanks again for the help..free bump for ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
Update:

Some of the pulleys have shipped! We got a small initial order in. We have about 9 left with the rest becoming available the first week of November.

The install is pretty easy with the following method:
1. Impact driver with allen head sockets. Don't do this with hand allen wrenches, will take forever!
2. Remove the 2 MAG side motor mount bolts.
3. Pry up on motor with pry bar to get out the 2 bottom recoil housing bolts(leave these 2 out upon reinstall)

20151021_193230_zpsxu6yz0lq.jpg

20151017_220523_zpsqippzl20.jpg

20151017_220515_zps2h7cv8jf.jpg

20151021_192928-1_zps0fdjh8co.jpg

Premium Features