• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

help please Rmk 600 runs won't move

B
Feb 24, 2015
I was riding across the lake to meet a friend I stopped to check the time on my phone didn't shut the sled off went to go again and it would not move it's a 2001 rmk 600 the track will not spin even when I lift it off the ground I can't turn the secondary by hand is my clutch shot or something in the chaincase where should I start thank you for any help

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Melted your HYFAX to the track. Been there, done that on my 99 700 RMK even with idlers. Tip sled up on side, if track won't separate from rails then you will have to break it loose... then run scratchers and kick snow under there once in a while.

B
Feb 24, 2015
Yeah it bogs a little when the primary engages. I will start with checking hyfax hope that's it then I'll open the chain case if the hyfax is not the problem thank you for all the help I'll post up when I get I moving again

B
Feb 24, 2015
So I got the track unstuck from the hyfax it's moving but can only get about 4500 rpm out of it and it's making a loud clicking noise any ideas what could be wrong?

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
Pinpointing where the clicking is coming from would really help with figuring out the problem.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
You probably "hour glassed" the drive belt when the sliders were stuck. That will make a lot of noise as the drive clutch rotates past the damaged area. Put a new belt on it and retest for noise. Does the track rotate by hand fairly easily?

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
The clicking sound might be hyfax material stuck to the track clips. I had to spend some time chipping all that off when it happened to me. Don't know about the 4500 rpm issue, sounds like it is just past engagement, I would suspect belt / clutch issues (replace with known good belt first, and put it on track stand and rev and rotate track and figure out where the click is coming from)...

But get that plastic off of the track clips, and might have to replace hyfax or hyfax might have chunks broken out from freeing the track from it which would make a clicking noise when clips go over them. Trackstand and pinpoint noise and let us know...

B
Feb 24, 2015
I looked over the hyfax no chunks missing clips looked clean put a new belt on and back to rippin no more clicking sound thank you everyone for all your help I really appreciate all the info

Premium Features