• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Headlight relay/Load control relay 08 NYTRO

W
Jan 18, 2013
100 Mile House
Hi Guys,

my Headlight and taillight died on me!! checked all the fuses, bulbs and wires...
so my guess are the relays?? right??
I just bought the '08 Nytro and did a service on everything else, but couldn't get the lights going!
so I don't know much where what is (relays) could anybody give me some kind of a picture with an image of that relay.
I have the service manual, but still can't find it.http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/images/smilies/old/face-icon-small-frown.gif

or do you have any other Ideas.
thanks.

G
Mar 13, 2009
Western NY
Nytro Fault Codes and Relay Location Diagram:

FXNytroFaultCodes3.jpg

Nytrorelaylocation2.png

Part #26 in the diagram is a wiring harness adapter for the 2011 updated relay. Yamaha part #8HG-81952-00-00
NytroRelayChanges.jpg

Fuselocation.jpg

Diagnostic Mode:
diag1.png

Diagnostic Mode Codes:
Diagcode1.jpg

Diagcode2.jpg

W
Jan 18, 2013
100 Mile House
still haven't found the problem

I found the relay and replaced it! still no power on the lights!!
I checked on the fuse for the headlights, if there is any power when the machine is running, but I think there is no power on the fuse himself!!

there is also no power on the outlet!?
any ideas to that?
thanks for any help.

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
Does your tail light and DC plug in work? The load control relay feeds those three items. The sled will still operate without it but it controls anything that only operates while the engine is running.

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
If its your head light and tail light it's in the load control relay or wiring as they have there own fuses after the relay (wouldn't take both out) and its fed from the main fuse (if there was a problem with the supply nothing would work.

So it's in the load control relay or wiring.

The power is the same as your ignition so doubtful thats the problem but check for power to the red wire/terminal to verify that. It has constant power.

Then the brown should have power when ever the key is on, once again the same power it takes to make the sled run so this is doubtful.

The relay is triggered by the ECU whenever the engine is running it grounds the brown blue wire, so with the relay out you should see 12 volts between a power source and the blue brown wire. This is one of two wires that would drop all accessory power if it has a break in it.

Then there is one white wire that takes the power from the relay and feeds all three fuses (head,tail,acc) so a break in this would drop all 3 with no other symptoms as well. If you check for power at your fuses and don't have it but have checked the others first then the problem is in that wire.

Here is a picture of the relay connector so you can reference what colors where.
AC95B49B-D06B-4115-8C4F-D6F8957A747E-11548-0000076F02E5819A_zps2405af43.jpg

P

ps700

Nov 27, 2007
BCs Northern Capital
Ok thank you, just on my way up to work for a week so I will have to check when I get back home. Any idea where the ground would be mounted for that?

Premium Features