• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris edge stearing post

Sep 12, 2012
So I have a 2003 edge x 700, and on the top of the stearing post there is a big crack. I am wondering what other years would fit. I found one off a 01 for $30. I don't know I I would have to get one off another 2003 or not. Also how do I remove it? Do I have to pull the motor? Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
I had the same issue. Cheap fix for me was take a 3/8" piece of steel plate, drill 4 holes that line up with the bar clamp, punch a big hole in the center, set it over the cracker piece, weld the thick plate to the post inside the large punched hole and around the outside. Now you have an overly thick mounting plate. Did that 2 years ago, no problems since.

Sorry, I'm not help on which posts would fit your sled.

Sep 12, 2012
I had the same issue. Cheap fix for me was take a 3/8" piece of steel plate, drill 4 holes that line up with the bar clamp, punch a big hole in the center, set it over the cracker piece, weld the thick plate to the post inside the large punched hole and around the outside. Now you have an overly thick mounting plate. Did that 2 years ago, no problems since.

Sorry, I'm not help on which posts would fit your sled.

Ok thanks that helps a lot.

Premium Features