• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 chaincase and oil tank question?

Borderstaff

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul MN
I looked at the fill tube in West this last weekend, and maybe its just me, but it looks like it'll be a PITA to try to fill the oil from a gallon container without a funnel. The angle and bend of the tube put it too far under the upper plastic, and after you spill the oil, it will land on the wrapped silencer so you can't clean the oil off - you just have to put up with it smoking itself off over the days ride. And, how about a CLEAR tube so you can see how far its filling before you overflow it!!!

I liked the sled but somebody was sleeping when they dropped the ball on this.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
How big of a deal will it be to change gearing? Hopefully they didn't make something that should take 10 minutes on the hill a freakin weekend project. :face-icon-small-dis

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
yep.dumb idea.they had a few melted bottles in the past so they put it in a metal case.derrrr.:face-icon-small-con

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
That's an excellent point actually.

I guess they figure us cat guys are trained to not touch gearing or anything after years on the Diamond Drive...

I hope not. Gearing is a huge part of tuning a sled for a particular type of riding or around a style of clutch setup.
That secondary looks VERY "QRS-ish".....which IMO is a good thing!

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
The worst part is their only running a 13 wide chain. Heck the 900's went through 15 wide chains like nothing and they werent half as long. I really doubt that a 13 will hold up to boost for very long.

Premium Features