• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

00 MXZ setup for pow (bonus pictures)

Y
Oct 18, 2010
Marquette MI
Been doing a lot of searching on this lately, and I really have just gotten more confused... So I've come here to ask.

What is the best setup for deep snow, I have a 00 MXZ 600 extended to 136 with a 2 inch paddle track.

So far I have the Front coil overs cranked up, the front skid shock is stiffer, and the rear skid block thing is set at the middle level with the limit strap full out.

What is the best setup to get up on top of the deep snow? For the front (skis) and the coil, and block things on the rear skid?

And Yes I have searched, I just couldn't find a conclusive answer. Sorry if this is common knowledge, I am new to snowmobiling.

Photos are of me from this Monday.

IMG_0576edit.jpg

IMG_0574edit.jpg

IMG_0618edit.jpg

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
I have been searching and searching for suspension answers on hear for two years with no prevail.

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
If you really want to get the best deep snow performance you want to have your suspension as soft as you can. I run my front shocks really soft, this will allow you to side hill better and wont let the skis dig in so much. You want your front shock on the back suspension set soft that will allow it to give when you go into deep powder, if you have it set up and it is stiff you will just trench and not get ontop of the snow. All in all you just want the suspension to be soft and you will have better luck.

Y
Oct 18, 2010
Marquette MI
Thanks for the reply. Should I have the rear block set to stiff if the front skid shock is set to soft?
Not interested in doing wheelies really, just don't want to have to pull my machine out of a trench as often...

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
I have my back spring set on the second setting, front back spring set on the third setting up and the front shocks are set very soft, when sitting on flat ground the front kind of sags. Just back from debois wyoming and my setup worked great for me.

Premium Features