• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

155 Camo Extreme vs. Pol 5.1 vs. Assault 155?

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Ok, I have an 08 D8 155, did the trim-off-the-tips and add screws for stiffness mod, while it is a bit better in most conditions than stock, busting it back down the trail to the truck it is more squirrely on corners on the hardpack (no nibs left I suppose), and downhill can still be oh-s*** scary (almost lost it last weekend on a nasty downhill with a big hole / bump near the bottom following a couple other guys down).

So... I see the assault 155 is out, and I already put a 155 camo extreme on my wifes 08 D7. Wondering if the assault 155 is worth trying? Or is the newer Polaris 155 5.1 any stiffer than the stock POS 155 from 2008?

I have not ridden the Camo Extreme much since it is on wife's sled but I know it is better than my trimmed track...

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
the 5.1 single ply is way better then the 08 2 ply 5.1..but I still thinki like the extreme better..extreme just flat out works....everywhere....

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Any experience with the 155 Assault track? Probably way too stiff, and the cornering issue would probably still be there, but I see one for relatively cheap on swapmeet... there seem to be a number of them that people are taking off. Apparently they want the Assault chassis but not that track...

EDIT: Ok, I found a really good review here:
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247324&highlight=assault+155
While I would love this track in the spring riding, I am just not ambitious enough to change tracks twice a year... prolly will go with a camo extreme...

Last edited:

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
.....my all time favorite is the camo ex cut and screwed but that is a lot of money to make it slightly better then the 5.1 modified and for me just not worth the effort or cost

....also did the new harder durameter PRO with just trim not screws (compared the flex to the 2ply 5.1 cut and screwed and it has a very similar throw and feel
performance wise very very happy...ah very happy

Interesting on your comments. My own personal testing with our sleds was really dramatic in performance improvements heads up and really fair and indepth comparison testing. I've not had any downhill issues that are any more significant then the non mod'd tracks that I ride with daily on similar sleds. I do notice that no matter what track you ride you need to be in your own path going down the super scary stuff. In someone else's beat down they all turn into a bobsled run accept my finger tracks. Loved those for total control but those 144 days are gone.
Now on the trail the bite in and out of a corner is just huge. Weird that you've felt differently. Wish I was there to see, feel, and experience what you did so I would know. Tons of guys ask about this stuff and I have zero prob telling em to go for it. Interesting!

Premium Features