• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro Tunnel Block-off

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
We know alot of guys are doing this. We have come up with a prototype design that is much easier to install, lighter than "homebrews", and all while keeping the stock integrity of the tunnel.

The OEM Nytro tunnel is a bit weak as it is. Cutting the lip off, or pounding the lip down weakens the top surface of the tunnel even further. Unless there is an engineered rivet pattern, a "homebrew" flat plate will not redistribute the stresses within the tunnel correctly, and will displace these stresses to other areas of the tunnel resulting in cracking and/or deformation.

We are currently in the prototype stages of a tunnel block-off plate that will allow you to install over the factory lip, with no cutting or bending of the stock tunnel. It is also fabricated from a thinner sheet of aluminum, but reinforced with beads. The thinner beaded metal is as rigid as a thicker counterpart, while weighing less.

If you are interested, please let us know!​

TB1.JPG

TB2.JPG

TB3.JPG

TB4.JPG

TB5.JPG

TB6.JPG

TB7.JPG

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
That looks like a good solution. I'd get one if the previous owner hadn't hacked(and I do mean hacked!) the lip off. :mad: I was thinking of a cover that would fit tightly over the back of the seat box. Maybe held on by a couple of wing nuts or hinged on the bottom and riveted to the tunnel.

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
...what would be really cool is if you guyz came up with some sort of trunk/storage box for the big hole under the seat.
Just an something to think about.:beer;

I was thinking of a cover that would fit tightly over the back of the seat box...

We already have a design in the works. Just a few refinements to verify how well it will work... STAY TUNED! :D

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Subscribed. Expecially if you design a way to incorporate some storage. Hey you guys planning on an offset axle so i can run some big wheels and a 156 CE?

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa
Was looking to mount a skidoo gas can as close to back of seat as possiable
some sort of rear seat box-off would be cool, even to store things a guy wouldnt use very offen. thinking of ordering relocater, how much for the plate block off? and when?

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Would the plate work with the Boss seat?

Cheers

I can't answer that with any certainty. If the Boss fits over the OEM opening and heatshield bolts with no interference, chances are the plate will fit well. I'm not gonna BS you - I simply can't say.

are these available already? how much?

Was looking to mount a skidoo gas can as close to back of seat as possiable
some sort of rear seat box-off would be cool, even to store things a guy wouldnt use very offen. thinking of ordering relocater, how much for the plate block off? and when?

The part you see in the pics is prototype #3. We still have a bit of testing to do before we go into full-on production; at the BARE MINIMUM it will be 3-4 weeks before we start production. I will let everyone know when they are up and ready to go...

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
Been sending PM but no responce.

:face-icon-small-con Scott and Jeff always return PM's FAAST!! You sending it to the right address? Usually if their light is green, you barely have enough time to close the PM window, and one's coming right back at ya.

Give it some time ; )

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
When are these hitting the streets? Been sending PM but no responce.

They are available on a special order basis (as they are handmade). The price is $99.95 + shipping, and come with everything you see below.

I don't have any PM's in the last 12 mo. from you in my inbox... sorry! Otherwise I'd have answered you immediately!

Regards,
Moto

Premium Features