• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What am I missing?

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I'm in the process of putting a piveting riser on my 01 skidoo 700 and have bought and installed the powermadd adaptor that changes it to pivet style and now adding a 4" riser off of a 05 rev and it bolts to the adaptor but now does not fit my factory bars. I lookeed at power mads adaptor and there is only one listed for all of skidoo, but I do not want to change my factory bars for one cause the factory warmers work good enough to dry a set of gloves on. Anyone know what riser I have to use?

R

rhino

Nov 26, 2007
Greenwater WA
been there done that. the 05 riser will not work with 01 factory bars. you will have to get new bars and grip heaters. the 01 bars are too narrow where the clamp is, correct?

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Yes the top where the riser would bolt on to the bars is to wide for the bars. So do I have any other ways around buying new bars, like just going with a differnt brand riser or do you just have to change your bars on a 01 when changing to the piveting riser?

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Buy the Rox pivoting riser. No need for an adapter to make them work on the older sleds.

I have had them on my 2000 Summit for 5 years and love them.

www.roxspeedfx.com

No offence, but I don't see any of the ROX risers that have the flat mount on the bottom like the older skidoos have, which means you would have to buy an adaptor for it anyways. Which I guess I already have but, my question is if it will work with the adaptor that I have and the ROX riser and my stock bars?

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
retiredpop, thank you so much that is exactly what I'm looking for:face-icon-small-hap

B
Jun 9, 2002
MN
No offence, but I don't see any of the ROX risers that have the flat mount on the bottom like the older skidoos have, which means you would have to buy an adaptor for it anyways. Which I guess I already have but, my question is if it will work with the adaptor that I have and the ROX riser and my stock bars?

No offense, but you are not understanding how the Rox risers work. The round stub shaft mounts to your stock flat plate and clamps, in the place where your bars originally were. Then the bars clamp in the top of the riser. No extra doo dads and adapters to buy. Very clean install.

But it looks like you found some more pieces to bolt together to make your setup work.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
No offense, but you are not understanding how the Rox risers work. The round stub shaft mounts to your stock flat plate and clamps, in the place where your bars originally were. Then the bars clamp in the top of the riser. No extra doo dads and adapters to buy. Very clean install.

But it looks like you found some more pieces to bolt together to make your setup work.

I see what you are saying but I don't have the rox riser to start with if I would have went that way to start with this project would have been alot easier. Thanks anyways though

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
OK just so every knows!!!!

If you buy the RSI adaptor, you still need to buy their risers cause it doesn't bolt up to either of the risers I have now. So I bite the bullet and bought one of theirs. Just letting you other guys know just in case.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
If you buy the rsi risers and want to stay with the factory bars then you will also have to buy their adaptor to fit the bars, and a adaptor to change to the pivit stlye riser. :face-icon-small-fro

Premium Features