• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

(help) code 12 on 08 nytro

M
Nov 27, 2007
Fort st. John B.C
i rode the sled last sunday it ran fine then put it in garage tried to start it today a week later & code 12 flashing will not turn over i know it is the crankshaft position sensor just looking to see if anybody had this happen to them & what was done to fix it thanks

S

SPOOLED

Dec 4, 2007
northern bc
need some more info, wont turn over ? battery dead ? does the primary turn over by hand ? did you check the sensor connector ? black two wire plug.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Fault Code 12 is the Crankshaft Position Sensor...Check your Clutch Side, where the speedo cable is, chances are, you either clipped a wire, or somerthing came loose right there...right where the jack shaft hits the clutch side...if you havent gotten the wet left boot fix, this pic shows the bulletin (read free part) installed, and for whatever reason, this piece of metal solves it...

IMGP0675.jpg

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
The wiring for the sensor runs behind the bulkhead....even if you get a code 12 it will turn over just no run....had this happen latley after I pulled an engine and one of the pins pushed out causing it not to connect but mine would spin over.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
it is something in there IMHO...check the wires to see if they are pinched or grounding out...if that assembly was not installed correctly it will send that code off...

S

SPOOLED

Dec 4, 2007
northern bc
a broken or disconnected speedo has nothing to do with a code 12, it won't cause a motor not to turn over. charge your battery and check your connections on the battery and starter relay.

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
First weekend I had my nytro, second morning it wouldn't start, just clicked and showed code 12. It was one of the relays in the front of the sled. Definately check batt. voltage to eliminate the obvious first.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Fort st. John B.C
First weekend I had my nytro, second morning it wouldn't start, just clicked and showed code 12. It was one of the relays in the front of the sled. Definately check batt. voltage to eliminate the obvious first.

that is what mine is doing dexter do you know what relay it was up front. i do have the charger on my battery & it says it is good.thanks for the replies everyone.

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
can't remember which one for sure as the dealer fixed it, he gave me a spare for my toolkit though. Your local dealer should know. hope this helps.

Premium Features