• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seats for the ZX?

M
Nov 12, 2008
Flathead
That mounted up pretty nice...

I wonder how the xp seat would mount up on these machines. Might be a possibility with a little mod on the front of the seat where it lays on top of the fuel tank...

Any insight??

M
Nov 12, 2008
Flathead
Starting to hack up the seat. It was really easy to get it to this point. only took me about 10 minutes. Cant decide if I want to build it up higher or even try to make it any skinnier but Ill post some more pics soon. Just in case someone is thinking about doing this also.

seat.jpg

R
Nov 9, 2009
I just got the new Boss seat. It's sweet!

If anyone would like my stock seat to try and mess around with it instead of tearing up theirs I'll take any reasonable amount for it. The stock cover is already all torn up. Last year my 2 boys who were 3 and 2 at the time, took a razor to the seat making about 25 cuts ranging from 2 inches to 18 inches long. I taped it up with Gorilla Tape and made it through the remainder of the season. I think I deserved the Boss. Anyway, you could modify mine instead of killing your own. Ryan 801-718-7367

G
Nov 4, 2009
Starting to hack up the seat. It was really easy to get it to this point. only took me about 10 minutes. Cant decide if I want to build it up higher or even try to make it any skinnier but Ill post some more pics soon. Just in case someone is thinking about doing this also.

Looks good so far. What'd you doo just cut off the back of your stock seat?? I'd like to modify mine like you did yours. Some more pictures would be helpful. you can email them if its easier. groh_brian@yahoo.com. Thanks.:beer;

M
Nov 12, 2008
Flathead
Looks good so far. What'd you doo just cut off the back of your stock seat?? I'd like to modify mine like you did yours. Some more pictures would be helpful. you can email them if its easier. groh_brian@yahoo.com. Thanks.:beer;

Yeah.. just took a sawzall to the back section of the plastic pan. I used a knife to cut away the foam so the rear would slope down.. somewhat like the Boss. Im working on making a new mounting bracket for the rear using some aluminum strapping. Ill get some more progress pics up soon.
Cheers

M
Nov 12, 2008
Flathead
Just waiting to hear back from the upohlstry shop on my seat...

Took it there middle of december to get the seat recovered and still havent heard from the guy. Im gettin kinda sore from ridin with no seat!!

Im making an aluminum mounting bracket for the seat to mount up to stock bolts again, this time it will have a trick gas can mount incorporated :D

As soon as I finish it up Ill post some pics to see what everyone thinks!

Cheers

Premium Features