• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spring Braaap

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
2zoeqop.png

257h8q8.png

2vx3kuh.png

4ift6p.png

14xo28w.png

2ugnyw3.png

30xbbr8.png

59nv6.png

22sxy.png

sbpilu.png

2s7hlzo.png

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Great pics!

Love the string on the Freeride’s snowflap! He must have the removable snowflap on order.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Nope its what Carl's Team does on all their sleds, too many to put the removable snowflap on, cost wise this is simple quick and effective and you don't have to dump 20 of them in the alpine.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Nope its what Carl's Team does on all their sleds, too many to put the removable snowflap on, cost wise this is simple quick and effective and you don't have to dump 20 of them in the alpine.

Will BRP be offering Rotax rope as an accessory? :face-icon-small-coo

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Snow flap

The string is on there because the snow flap looses it's memory if you will and keeps getting caught in the track.I have four of these and the snow flap is a piece of junk after you a couple of season's.Some one prove me wrong.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
The string is on there because the snow flap looses it's memory if you will and keeps getting caught in the track.I have four of these and the snow flap is a piece of junk after you a couple of season's.Some one prove me wrong.

Nope its on there to pull tight when in the backcountry so it is like running no snowflap in the pow and then it is down for the trail.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Snow flap

Ok then what is causing the snow flap to sag and get caught in the lugs of the track?Just asking ,you have a little pull with B R P let me know what you find out,if i am the only individual with this issue i will correct it myself.This is not a complaint post just fact of what happens.
Thanks

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Ok then what is causing the snow flap to sag and get caught in the lugs of the track?Just asking ,you have a little pull with B R P let me know what you find out,if i am the only individual with this issue i will correct it myself.This is not a complaint post just fact of what happens.
Thanks

Never experienced it, except when backing up off the deck or if you dont have someone pull up on the bumper if you back up in deep snow, never heard of the snowflap saggin, it does not grow or lengthen either. sorry I can not help you. cheers dave

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
The one with the string on it has been shortened and in certain conditions when the snow is really wet and heavy the flap sags and it is real easy to get sucked into the track . I think that is why they have tabs on the inside of the newer snow deflectors :) they tag the track and shed the snow . I wanted to cut the flap like the one with the string on the G4 but experienced the flap getting sucked in before . It's just kind of annoying , the full length flap does a great job but the amount of snow that is trapped in the tunnel is really noticeable in the throttle of a 600 .

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I used to tuck my snowflap up in the bumper and hold it there with two velcro straps.

The removable snowflap is better, but the piece that is attached to the rear of the sled cracks and it eventually breaks. A great idea that needs work, but I still like it.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
snowflap

Thanks for adding that someone else has a snowflap that gets pulled into the tunnel. The 2016 i have you could fold the flap to take off the trailer and they didn't get could in the track or have to tie them up to unload,i didn't have any trouble with those being sucked into the track either.Thanks for different views.These on the 2017 are not cut either.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
To funny , I was actually thinking about getting that older flap . Most people don't even know that they where intended to do that . Walked up to one at a dealership a few years back to see it for myself and popped it backwards , the salesman didn't get it , gave me the deer in the headlights look . It was a great idea but some just didn't like the way it looked .

Premium Features