• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running Boards

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
I seen a guy in West yellowstone stone that cut the running boards and pop riveted a different style on it with bigger groves and better grip. Can someone tell me were i can get these Thanks

S

sldgy

I seen a guy in West yellowstone stone that cut the running boards and pop riveted a different style on it with bigger groves and better grip. Can someone tell me were i can get these Thanks

Better Boards? F-bomb.

V

Vboost

Nov 26, 2007
NW Montana
http://www.f-bombracing.com/BetterBoards.html

http://snoweliminator.com/jsm_sales.htm

Betterboards on a Edge, they work great!!
IMG_0125.jpg

Last edited:

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
Better Boards

Hey guys i want the better boards from f-bomb racing and i have been trying to get ahold of him for a couple days and no one answers. Does anybody know where i can get these Thanks

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
I'm a one man band! Leave a message and I'll call you back when I free up. I'm on my phone, in the shop, in the field, or typing away on this computer almost all of my waking hours.

or do it automatically on the website

$200 for black powder plus the shipping..don't forget to click on the shipping and then which ever product that you want.

Thanks Rob

G
Jan 17, 2008
Another F-Bomb Better Board Installation

Fellow sledders, Just finished up mounting my F-bomb Better Boards on my D8, 155". Installation came out very nice. Not sure of the approach people have taken with their installations, but here's what I did with mine:

1. I went with the "window" option when cutting the factory running boards. This just seems the stronger way to do it.
2. I used a couple auto body tools (hammer and dolly) to flatten the factory Polaris traction bumps. This allows for a tight flush mount between the factory running board area and the new Better Boards. From some of the pictures I've looked at of other Better Board installations, it looks like some guys have left these and just mounted over them. This leaves a 1/4 to 3/8" gap between factory and new boards. This potentially could lend it's way to sheared off rivets. This could be extremely bad if you chose to drill out and re-rivet the upper boggie wheel mounting braket rivets.:eek:
3. I reproduced the factory round holes at the back section of the boards. Did this to eliminate the 8" (approx) smooth section on the Better Boards between the last two rectangular holes. This should help prevent ice build-up in the section.
I'm going to try and post a couple pictures of my installation. First try at posting picture here, so forgive me if it doesn't work.

Many thanks to Rob Heeb at F-Bomb Racing. Great to deal with and very helpful when you call him for info.:D

EbayPictures004.jpg

EbayPictures003.jpg

EbayPictures002.jpg

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Better Boards

Mike great job that is an excellent install! Looks right from the factory only these will actually work.

Another thing we have been doing recently on these RMK IQ RAW Better Boards is putting rivets on the outer edge of the front three cross beams from the bottom up into the footwell. It adds traction and is just enough to catch the outer edge of your boots but shouldn't trap your foot under the cross beam in an accident (my big concern and the reason I don't put cleats there). If you don't want to cut out the round holes you can do the same trick around that rear bracket section.

The 09's are now set and the fit is universal on the RMK IQ RAW (assault and swift as well) which is very good news production wise. We have sold a huge number of Better Boards this season and this model is our most popular 2 to 1. It's an excellent addition to an already awesome mtn sled.

Heard another horror story from a reknowned Montana Polaris shop who installed my competitors universal L supported product on a RAW IQ and it's wowing and cracking the tunnel behind the front suspension mount just as I have been warning! YIKES

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
WOW on your installation! The underside looks fantastic! I hope to GOD no one ever looks at the underside of mine........:face-icon-small-win

And I like the addition of the holes in the back. Might just have to do that. :)

Rob, do you have pictures of what you are describing for the front, up by the footwell? I'd like more traction there....... :) Thanks!

G
Jan 17, 2008
F-Bomb & CoyoteGirl, Thanks for the compliments on my Better Board installations.:beer;
Actually got to try them in some deep powder yesterday. Love them! Was doing some sick lines up through rock cliffs and some gnarly side-hilling. Never once did I feel one of my feet slip. Can't say the same for the factory Polaris boards.:( Sure wish I had put the Better Boards on when I got my sled, instead of near the end of the season. Oh well, I'm ready for next winter.
Great joke in your sig line CoyoteGirl! I'll be sure to pass it along.

307 Snow*Moto

Mar 10, 2008
Big Horn, WY
No Need to beat a dead horse but Better Boards Rob "You da man". Had a great time in West Yellowstone and it was awesome to meet Rob and talk about the product. I ordered my Better Boards from Rob in early november and put them on my Black 06 900 Dragon. My wife, Morgan has an 07 600 and Rob explained the concept behind the design for the RAW chasis, my wifes boards are coming this summer. Rob was incredibly personable at the Expo AND HOPEFULLY we can turn everyone on to such a bad *** product. All week long people asked about the boards and everywhere I parked my sled in West someone was looking at them. After explanation I hope that I got a few sales coming Rob's way. I am just absolutely a huge fan of these boards good luck with the install when you get them.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Thanks Gang!

Thank you so much for the positive comments.

This was an amazing season with this line of products. We have over 1500 Better Boards now on the snow (minus 2..PHATTY and Anthony Oberti's customs bit the dust last weekend!...Phatty said the Boards were the only thing on his turbo dragon that came out of the wreck OK). Most of this comes from RETAIL reference customers who are satisfied with our product and service. I once again thank you all!

Things are still rocking along with all of the late season snow! Anthony Lakes Hillclimb in Oregon and then the Memorial Day Outlaw Gathering at Bend to go (mixed with a month plus of spring snow free riding).

E
Nov 26, 2007
Covington, WA
Thank you so much for the positive comments.

This was an amazing season with this line of products. We have over 1500 Better Boards now on the snow (minus 2..PHATTY and Anthony Oberti's customs bit the dust last weekend!...Phatty said the Boards were the only thing on his turbo dragon that came out of the wreck OK). Most of this comes from RETAIL reference customers who are satisfied with our product and service. I once again thank you all!

Things are still rocking along with all of the late season snow! Anthony Lakes Hillclimb in Oregon and then the Memorial Day Outlaw Gathering at Bend to go (mixed with a month plus of spring snow free riding).

Those look very nice, I'm going to have to get some after I replenish my exausted snowmo budget.

F Bomb, have you come out with traction idea for the back of the rails? I find my self using the slippery back rail more and more in the super steeps. Anyone have an idea?

M
Nov 21, 2006
Pocatello, ID
F-bomb, do you make any that are L shaped? My wife's '98 rmk has cracks in the tunnel around the suspension mount and I'd like to provide more support at that spot. Also this sled has fairly weak running boards to begin with so it'd be nice to stiffen them up.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
yep

Each model is designed specifically for each application. I think you require Gen II RMK model has a series of raised supports or wishbone like design specifically for those wobbly running boards. If a design will accomodate it I like to add the side support. The ones you see in the past few photos have different structural demands so they don't get the side (L) supports. You can order them directly off of the website in black or natural....and as a special don't click on the shipping option and I'll pay for that..make sure to put your physical shipping address on your paypal order.
Thanks
Rob

Premium Features