• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Venting

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I recently seen some footwell vents for an 800 raw chassis Polaris that looked like they basically took the place of the aluminum louvered plate there now. Cannot remember where I had seen them. Does anybody else know of where vents like this may be found? Thanks in advance for the help.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
The RAW chassis is what all the Dragons and new RMK's are. No heated running boards, lighter, etc.

I have a set of Carls vents but you do have to cut the existing aluminum vents out. I had seen some somewhere that appeared to replace the existing vents entirely without cutting. Looked pretty good to...but cannot remember where I seen them tho.....:face-icon-small-hap

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
FYI there is ZERO heat related benefit to replacing the louvered area on that chassis with anything. The louvered area allows air to flow in and out freely as well as if you take a peak above your footwell into that compartment and see that it is WIDE OPEN TO THE OUTSIDE! (come on people...spend your money were it matters) Unless of course you think they just look cool!

Buy QUALITY (2COOL) dash panel vents, side panel vents, and shock tower vents...remove your heavy, heat trapping, insulation foam the entire under hood, seal your headlight and plenum with insulated foam strip...BUY BETTER BOARDS AND GO RIDE IT!

most importantly note that on a correctly setup gear/clutch for the DRAGON (or any sled) if you take a brand new 115 belt wash it in extremely hot water with a small amount of bleach.... scrub the sides and base aggressively with green sos to get the wax sealer off...run this belt a few moderatly easy trail miles to seat and form with your sheaves....then remove and re-clean in the same fashion every five or six rides (and blow your clutches out with compressed air) you will get a season (we average over 2000 hard mtn miles per belt) on a new 115 plus have it for your backup next season. Prepping and taking care of your TRANSMISSION is proven to double belt life and maintain consistant performance.

I learned this testing racing belts for CARLISLE and saw CLEAR differences in performance, belt life, and explosion rates when doing these simple procedures. It transferred over to daily recreational mtn riding with the exact same results.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
I saved my money and drilled holes on those panel vents for more airflow out including on the console and it has helped alot. Price was free, besides power for the drill, and my time to do it. Installed one intake vent in front of the can, need to do it on the clutch side sometime. Those aftermarket ones look cool, but I'm cheap and I'll do it my way which is effective.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
(come on people...spend your money were it matters) Unless of course you think they just look cool!

BUY BETTER BOARDS AND GO RIDE IT!

Well.....I think I look cool, why should my sled look any less, pointless venting included. lol (now ya tell me)

BTW, I did the Better Boards to look cool too.....What a surprise that they work great. A real advantage over just looking cool.

100_4289.jpg

100_4537.jpg

Raise your hand if you think your Dad's Dragon looks cool (and kicks your XRS)
100_1019.jpg

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
are we phonzy?

Eric, I agree they are definately "cool" looking. (the vents) Unfortunately just not in degrees...but they did make you lighter...unless you pack around that credit card receipt (then you went the wrong direction). Bet that wasn't in the brochure!

I won't argue "Phonzy Cool"...but fehrenheit cool is an all together different program.

Those Better Boards make that sled faster then the kids ride? Gonna have to add that to my sales pitch! Can I quote you?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Fire N Ice Baby!! Fni Rocks

I recently seen some footwell vents for an 800 raw chassis Polaris that looked like they basically took the place of the aluminum louvered plate there now. Cannot remember where I had seen them. Does anybody else know of where vents like this may be found? Thanks in advance for the help.

The panels that you are talking about are from Fire N Ice (FNI)...
www.firenicegear.com

They open up the whole stirrup/console area and they look cool too!

I have mine at the powdercoater so that they will look as good as the Better Boards :face-icon-small-win that are getting-teflon powdercoated black as well.

Keeping everything cool is a great Idea... I like having the side panel vents (also from FNI) with these and not needing to run the shock tower vents.... air flows in the hood/side-panels and out the rear. (I can feel the warm air coming out)

IMO, the FNI products (vents, intakes, etc) are of the highest quality availble.
Yes F-Bomb, your booth partners at 2-cool make nice stuff too.

I do however dissagree with you on the louvers flowing as much air... The vent panels have more open area than the louvers do... even with the only the stock hood vents, more air will pass thru.

Rob, I still havent heard back from you about the RAW chassis tunnel sides/better board stuff...

FNI4.jpg

FNI1.jpg

FNI Winshield Intakes
FNI7.jpg

fni.jpg

I think this one shows some good hood venting!
zippit.gif

Last edited:
E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Those Better Boards make that sled faster then the kids ride? Gonna have to add that to my sales pitch! Can I quote you?

You bet......Look what happened when son #2 noticed he didn't have Better Boards. Tragic.
100_1064.jpg

His buddy Weston noticed shortly after
100_1066.jpg

Son #1 Has Better Boards, doesn't he seem a lot brighter? lol
100_1047.jpg

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
The panels that you are talking about are from Fire N Ice (FNI)...
www.firenicegear.com

They open up the whole stirrup/console area and they look cool too!

I have mine at the powdercoater so that they will look as good as the Better Boards :face-icon-small-win that are getting-teflon powdercoated black as well.

Keeping everything cool is a great Idea... I like having the side panel vents (also from FNI) with these and not needing to run the shock tower vents.... air flows in the hood/side-panels and out the rear. (I can feel the warm air coming out)

IMO, the FNI products (vents, intakes, etc) are of the highest quality availble.
Yes F-Bomb, your booth partners at 2-cool make nice stuff too.

I do however dissagree with you on the louvers flowing as much air... The vent panels have more open area than the louvers do... even with the only the stock hood vents, more air will pass thru.

Rob, I still havent heard back from you about the RAW chassis tunnel sides/better board stuff...

FNI4.jpg

FNI1.jpg

FNI Winshield Intakes
FNI7.jpg

fni.jpg

I think this one shows some good hood venting!
zippit.gif

Looking on their website I do not see stirrup vents that look like this. Is this the way you bought them or did you do some fabrication yourself?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Premium Features