For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Trucks and Trailers Towing and hauling your sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 09:26 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
spomey has a reputation beyond reputespomey has a reputation beyond reputespomey has a reputation beyond reputespomey has a reputation beyond reputespomey has a reputation beyond reputespomey has a reputation beyond reputespomey has a reputation beyond reputespomey has a reputation beyond reputespomey has a reputation beyond reputespomey has a reputation beyond reputespomey has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default enclosed trailer tips now with pictures

hey I have done a few upgrades to my and other trailers. what have you done?

one inexpensive upgrade is to add cubical shelfs for storage. You know the kind that have the front door you lift and slide back across the top. bolt them on and add a plate to the top to kee stuff from falling out when you open them. they work great!

another is use tread mill belts to cover the gaps when the doors are openI hold them down with 2" aluminum strips keeps the snow out or at least its easy to remove.

here are some other upgrades, the best is the flurescent lighting (6 four foot lights) and electrical outlets. I do all the sled maintenance in the trailer. the next is the work table.

what are your upgrades?

Last edited by spomey; 01-29-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: add pictures

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spomey For This Useful Post:
Ryan-41 (08-20-2010), Scott (05-29-2015)
Old 01-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Basic Member
sixpointbull has a reputation beyond reputesixpointbull has a reputation beyond reputesixpointbull has a reputation beyond reputesixpointbull has a reputation beyond reputesixpointbull has a reputation beyond reputesixpointbull has a reputation beyond reputesixpointbull has a reputation beyond reputesixpointbull has a reputation beyond reputesixpointbull has a reputation beyond reputesixpointbull has a reputation beyond reputesixpointbull has a reputation beyond repute

I like the belts over the door gap idea. Good one.

On an old trailer I put down ski guides and then filled in between with 1/4 inch plywood. It would work good for protection from studs if you needed it but for me it worked great because it kept the floor mostly flat so I didn't stumble over the guides and it makes sweeping a lot nicer.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Currently: Snow is falling! Waiting for parts
Trenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchmaster has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, thats a good idea to cover the gaps when the door is open, I hate it when ice builds up in there!!

Old 01-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Basic Member
afrank3594 has a brilliant futureafrank3594 has a brilliant futureafrank3594 has a brilliant futureafrank3594 has a brilliant futureafrank3594 has a brilliant futureafrank3594 has a brilliant futureafrank3594 has a brilliant futureafrank3594 has a brilliant futureafrank3594 has a brilliant futureafrank3594 has a brilliant futureafrank3594 has a brilliant future

Using ski skins was the best money I have spent on the trailer. Ive painted the floor twice with an oil based deck stain and the walls with Ultra White interior trim paint , it still looks great . Looking back I should have had the trailer insulated .

Old 01-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Basic Member
spomey has a reputation beyond reputespomey has a reputation beyond reputespomey has a reputation beyond reputespomey has a reputation beyond reputespomey has a reputation beyond reputespomey has a reputation beyond reputespomey has a reputation beyond reputespomey has a reputation beyond reputespomey has a reputation beyond reputespomey has a reputation beyond reputespomey has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

some will disagee with me on this but I wont pain my foor or put any coating on it.

I think the floor needs to breath to get rid of absorbed moisture from both sides top and bottom.

My clear plywood is 6 years old with an average of 20 uses a season no bubbles or anything. I think paint/coverings are a waste on trailers and cause more problems than they cure.

spomey

Old 01-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Basic Member
-MKlim- has a reputation beyond repute-MKlim- has a reputation beyond repute-MKlim- has a reputation beyond repute-MKlim- has a reputation beyond repute-MKlim- has a reputation beyond repute-MKlim- has a reputation beyond repute-MKlim- has a reputation beyond repute-MKlim- has a reputation beyond repute-MKlim- has a reputation beyond repute-MKlim- has a reputation beyond repute-MKlim- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spomey View Post
some will disagee with me on this but I wont pain my foor or put any coating on it.

I think the floor needs to breath to get rid of absorbed moisture from both sides top and bottom.

My clear plywood is 6 years old with an average of 20 uses a season no bubbles or anything. I think paint/coverings are a waste on trailers and cause more problems than they cure.

spomey

If you stain or paint or put bedliner on your floor arnt you sealing the plywood. how would moisture get to the wood so why would you need to let dry wood breathe I have put a couple different coatings on trailer floors and they all stand up very good

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-24-2009, 11:30 AM
Currently: Waiting for Snow!
R44guy has a reputation beyond reputeR44guy has a reputation beyond reputeR44guy has a reputation beyond reputeR44guy has a reputation beyond reputeR44guy has a reputation beyond reputeR44guy has a reputation beyond reputeR44guy has a reputation beyond reputeR44guy has a reputation beyond reputeR44guy has a reputation beyond reputeR44guy has a reputation beyond reputeR44guy has a reputation beyond repute
Post Floor breathing question

The deb liner still aloows most of the floor to vent air under it because of the ridges and how it is made.
15 SD Summit X T3 163

Old 01-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Currently: Wanting some snow for the XP!
Basic Member
Rotax-Guy has a brilliant futureRotax-Guy has a brilliant futureRotax-Guy has a brilliant futureRotax-Guy has a brilliant futureRotax-Guy has a brilliant futureRotax-Guy has a brilliant futureRotax-Guy has a brilliant futureRotax-Guy has a brilliant futureRotax-Guy has a brilliant futureRotax-Guy has a brilliant futureRotax-Guy has a brilliant future

I installed a bar and pole in mine! The nice place to hang after a ride!

Old 01-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Currently: Cascades need snow bad...
Basic Member
FLYINGRMK has a brilliant futureFLYINGRMK has a brilliant futureFLYINGRMK has a brilliant futureFLYINGRMK has a brilliant futureFLYINGRMK has a brilliant futureFLYINGRMK has a brilliant futureFLYINGRMK has a brilliant futureFLYINGRMK has a brilliant futureFLYINGRMK has a brilliant futureFLYINGRMK has a brilliant futureFLYINGRMK has a brilliant future

I used marine grade plywood, rolled out undercoating on the bottem and sides of the plywood and then put it down, and painted the topside with a cheep oil based paint. I repaint every other year looks like new all the time. seven years on this floor. I ripped the first floor out after one season..

Old 01-25-2009, 01:00 PM
Currently: healing
Basic Member
m7john has a reputation beyond reputem7john has a reputation beyond reputem7john has a reputation beyond reputem7john has a reputation beyond reputem7john has a reputation beyond reputem7john has a reputation beyond reputem7john has a reputation beyond reputem7john has a reputation beyond reputem7john has a reputation beyond reputem7john has a reputation beyond reputem7john has a reputation beyond repute
The Following User Says Thank You to m7john For This Useful Post:
jw3210 (08-02-2012)
Old 01-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Currently: It's almost time to ride!
Space Lord BB
rockdog2112 has a reputation beyond reputerockdog2112 has a reputation beyond reputerockdog2112 has a reputation beyond reputerockdog2112 has a reputation beyond reputerockdog2112 has a reputation beyond reputerockdog2112 has a reputation beyond reputerockdog2112 has a reputation beyond reputerockdog2112 has a reputation beyond reputerockdog2112 has a reputation beyond reputerockdog2112 has a reputation beyond reputerockdog2112 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 01-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Basic Member
kirmooe has a brilliant futurekirmooe has a brilliant futurekirmooe has a brilliant futurekirmooe has a brilliant futurekirmooe has a brilliant futurekirmooe has a brilliant futurekirmooe has a brilliant futurekirmooe has a brilliant futurekirmooe has a brilliant futurekirmooe has a brilliant futurekirmooe has a brilliant future

Click Here to Register

Old 01-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Transporter has a reputation beyond reputeTransporter has a reputation beyond reputeTransporter has a reputation beyond reputeTransporter has a reputation beyond reputeTransporter has a reputation beyond reputeTransporter has a reputation beyond reputeTransporter has a reputation beyond reputeTransporter has a reputation beyond reputeTransporter has a reputation beyond reputeTransporter has a reputation beyond reputeTransporter has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Basic Member
Firecatab is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register

Old 01-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Basic Member
Firecatab is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register

Old 01-25-2009, 10:20 PM
EricW has a reputation beyond reputeEricW has a reputation beyond reputeEricW has a reputation beyond reputeEricW has a reputation beyond reputeEricW has a reputation beyond reputeEricW has a reputation beyond reputeEricW has a reputation beyond reputeEricW has a reputation beyond reputeEricW has a reputation beyond reputeEricW has a reputation beyond reputeEricW has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-25-2009, 10:43 PM
EricW has a reputation beyond reputeEricW has a reputation beyond reputeEricW has a reputation beyond reputeEricW has a reputation beyond reputeEricW has a reputation beyond reputeEricW has a reputation beyond reputeEricW has a reputation beyond reputeEricW has a reputation beyond reputeEricW has a reputation beyond reputeEricW has a reputation beyond reputeEricW has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Basic Member
BigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond reputeBigRed118 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-28-2009, 07:15 AM
Basic Member
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 03-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Currently: Just browzing
Basic Member
adrenaline junkey has a reputation beyond reputeadrenaline junkey has a reputation beyond reputeadrenaline junkey has a reputation beyond reputeadrenaline junkey has a reputation beyond reputeadrenaline junkey has a reputation beyond reputeadrenaline junkey has a reputation beyond reputeadrenaline junkey has a reputation beyond reputeadrenaline junkey has a reputation beyond reputeadrenaline junkey has a reputation beyond reputeadrenaline junkey has a reputation beyond reputeadrenaline junkey has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Basic Member
dooadew has a reputation beyond reputedooadew has a reputation beyond reputedooadew has a reputation beyond reputedooadew has a reputation beyond reputedooadew has a reputation beyond reputedooadew has a reputation beyond reputedooadew has a reputation beyond reputedooadew has a reputation beyond reputedooadew has a reputation beyond reputedooadew has a reputation beyond reputedooadew has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-12-2009, 07:33 AM
Currently: Waiting to do that ^^ again
First SnoWest Premium Member
Thanked 3,205 Times in 2,134 Posts
MountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 03-12-2009, 08:07 AM
Currently: Waiting patently for the next trip West!
Smoothlander has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothlander has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothlander has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothlander has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothlander has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothlander has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothlander has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothlander has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothlander has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothlander has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothlander has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Currently: Waiting to do that ^^ again
First SnoWest Premium Member
Thanked 3,205 Times in 2,134 Posts
MountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 03-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Basic Member
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to spomey For This Useful Post:
SnoPharmer (12-05-2013)