• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnowSport track mod thread

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Do you plan to use a rubber section to continue the tunnel to the top of the rear skid frame to keep the snow down and controlled?

Looking good so far.

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Looking good! :yo:

More pics and rode it last nite...so far very happy with the results:face-icon-small-hap turns nice, transfers well...still zippy with the bigger track. Did check my voltage when running as last season I fought this some and found it isnt charging :( and insight on this???
Also bending up a tunnel extension now and will make a rear bumper for it. More pics when thats done

IMG_5603_zps96b1c51b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_5604_zps5d16f6e6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_5605_zpsb8120e84.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

trimmed the track down to a solid one inch lug :)

IMG_5606_zpsa880f85a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
wasnt planning on using anything in there the seat and body work will cover all that area unless I'm missing something?

Might have to see pictures when you get further along. The one I have the use of will throw snow forwards and cover most everything up. I was just thinking it would be pretty easy to guard up around the lower shock mount with a piece to keep all the snow in the track chute.

C
Nov 29, 2008
Just let the flexible piece run back to the tunnel with enough cut away to allow for the shock / spring ... they do throw a bit of snow around.

C
Nov 29, 2008
Just let the flexible piece run back to the tunnel with enough cut away to allow for the shock / spring ... they do throw a bit of snow around.

I used a piece of "corex" - corrugated plastic used by sign makers - tough but flexible enough to work.

IMG_20141219_121852298_HDR.jpeg IMG_20141219_121909444.jpeg

tree-magnet

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
W. Washington
Nice work! The lowered tunnel looks great! I am building one as we speak. Is it very stable when you grab it by the bumper. I am going to install a bracket that looks like the one on he new pro, under the seat to the tunnel.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I shopped ebay for an LED taillight for a project I'm working on. Seems ok and I got one with a mounting bracket (aluminum) to make is faster on my end. Hope to get it wired and mounted this weekend.

H
Jul 15, 2014
Turned out awesome! Nice work and thanks for a great thread! Awesome to see the progress.

Are those stock bars on the sport and scoot? I find the stock scoot bars kinda wide for my son, wondering what options I may have- im not overly familiar with MX bars, pro taper bars etc..

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
more progress

ok the sport has been the toughest to figure out for sure...seems like it has a sweet spot on the bottom and mine liked to engage and try and move before that sweet spot which would cause a bog especially with a kid on it, so here is what I have found. Adding the washer (even thicker like 0.080th) helped alot.
But I wanted it better so I found www.hetrickracing.com (thanks Brett) and they have all kinds of springs for these secondary clutches. I ordered up 2 sets to try, 2000rpm and 2500 rpm. I thru in the 2000rpm ones yesterday for a quick try and huge difference on the bottom and engagment...just makes it rev a little more before take off missing the bog...we'll see when I take em west and try in some real snow! ANd yes stock bars on both with a nytro strap across...the sport I mad a 2 inch riser and the skoot is all stock :)

IMG_5823_zpsab02c5c0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_5814_zpsc1ca4850.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Premium Features