• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha injection oil sensor bypass?

Lank Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
I went premix and now have the low oil alarm on all the time. Anybody know how to bypass it? I cut the switch wires and twisted them together but it didn't work. Must be looking for a specific resistance?

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
How about just unhooked. It could be a normally open sensor and twisting the wires together makes it come on. Really don't know for sure just throwing that out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Lank Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
Tried that too, but it didn't work. Stupid thing is that I didn't try it first before cutting the wires! Apparently I'll never learn. Thanks though.

B
Jan 26, 2013
As far as the temp sensor goes, the ground returns through the CDI box which is why it can detect a bad/unplugged temp sensor, grip/thumb warmers and resistors. Not sure if the low oil is in the same logic circuit, but you could probably figure it out from the wiring diagram.

F
Jul 24, 2011
are you aware of the fact on that engine that the oil pump feeds oil directly to the bearings on the crank? check it out, you should see two smaller hoses connected to nipples on the crankcase.

just consider that low oil light as a reminder your starving the bottom end of much needed oil.

Lank Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
Knew that but didn't care. 4th time lifting the engine to get at the frigging oil pump. A neighbour has just over 1000 km on his with the premix with no issues running 40-1 synthetic premix. The sled is bashed hard already. If it piles up, it goes for parts. Lights are annoying so if the bypass isn't easy then tape over the light will work.

Premium Features