• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question for all u twisted turbo owners

B
Nov 26, 2007
Hello all well its been a busy summer but i got my turbo M7 (with an 800 BB of course) all built and ready to fire. I just have a question about the oil injection delete that twisted does on their kits. I drilled my case as per their instructions and injected 20 cc of oil into the hole where the oil pump is bolted onto the case and reinstalled the oil pump to lube my turbo. How often are you guys adding more oil into this place or are u even worrying about it once initially done?? Is it a yearly thing like greasing it if a block off plate is installed?? Thanx

H

HCM

Jan 12, 2010
I greased mine cost me 2500.00 to replace the bottom end because it ran out of oil never had a lick of trouble after the zirk.

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
I greased mine cost me 2500.00 to replace the bottom end because it ran out of oil never had a lick of trouble after the zirk.

So your saying you did the delete the way twisted does and you lost your bottom end? Or you just did the the bdx block of kit?

B
Nov 26, 2007
Theres alot of twisted kits out there they cant all have had issues with doin it the way Shain does it. So should a guy take it apart every couple hundred miles and re oil it?? Whats everyone else doin??

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Theres alot of twisted kits out there they cant all have had issues with doin it the way Shain does it. So should a guy take it apart every couple hundred miles and re oil it?? Whats everyone else doin??

I don't know HCM's while story. But there is a lot of sleds running it the way Shaine instructs with no problems. Taking it apart wouldn't be necessary. Just pull the skid plate, the the line off the one way valve and inject some oil through the line.

B
Nov 26, 2007
So how often should a guy do it?? And which one way valve are you talking about?? Mine just has a small hose going from the existing port to the new drilled port not sure about a one way valve. Thanx for the answers

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
guvuma9u.jpg

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
One way valve is the longer brass fitting you see. It's what attaches to the hole that was drilled and tapped.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
To answer the how often.

I'm not sure if it's necessary to do it at all. If oil can't get in then oil can't get out. So the 20cc of oil that was installed on install should last a long time. If the oil does find a way out, then the premix will find a way in. I know it's not getting direct lubrication like it used to, i switched to amsoil thinking maybe the quality synthetic would lubricate more with less.

I Haven't heard of any failures directly related to doing it the stanger way, except for hcm.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Ok another quick question for u. I fired it up today started on one pull if u can believe that lol. Was purging the oil feed line to the turbo to make sure the turbo was gonna get oil and was wondering how much output the stock oil pump puts out when wired into to wide open position. Mine is just a steady drip at an idle. Does that sound about right?

B
Nov 26, 2007
Right on thats good to hear. Another one for ya, i started it about 6 times or so and a couple times it backfired when i yanked the rope it must be getting a little fuel left in the motor somewhere or?? I have my fuel pressure set at 38 psi is that about right? And going back to the oil delete topic what did u end up doing on yours zerk or crossover oil line like i did? Thanx again for all the help

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Right on thats good to hear. Another one for ya, i started it about 6 times or so and a couple times it backfired when i yanked the rope it must be getting a little fuel left in the motor somewhere or?? I have my fuel pressure set at 38 psi is that about right? And going back to the oil delete topic what did u end up doing on yours zerk or crossover oil line like i did? Thanx again for all the help

How's your reeds?
38-40 psi is good.
I have the crossover in mine. Zero miles on it though. I just installed my twisted kit.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I did A LOT of reading about this whole drilling the case for lube deal when I installed my twisted kit last summer.

I personally don't feel that you have enough case pressure to push oil/fuel from the bottom of the case into a pretty tightly sealed area around the oil/water pump gear to properly lubricate the gear. There isn't a lot of load, and if you prefill the pocket when assembling it will more than likely run the life of the bottom end.

But as HCM found out and others have found out, if you get a high miler on this setup you ru the risk of losing lubrication and taking out the oil/water pump drive.

So on my Twisted kit, I saved the headache of taking the sled apart to drill the case (I know most people don't anyway, but that's what you should do) and I installed a grease zirk and I pump in 2-3 shots of lithium based grease before each ride. This grease will break down with the minimal movement of oil/fuel during the ride, but the lubrication of the gear will make darn sure I don't have an issue.

So ya, you can do it exactly like snowmow has it posted and what Shain has in his instructions, or IMO the way HCM, Myself and many others have done, we went with the 100% positive lubrication method, a grease zirk.

Thunder

Premium Features