• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Etec turbo fueling questions for manufacturers?

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
Last year I put a turbo on a ptek 800r and had a great time doing it. Learned alot and have a few questions regaurding the 800r Etec turbo on fueling. Especially their secondary injector system. Since I have never had a fuel injected sled please bare with me so I can learn and understand how these things are working. Trying to sell a sled to buy an XM.

The fist thing that I do see is the majority of the turbo kit manufacturers like Aerocharger, Silber, Boondocker, and I assume TTS have their secondary injectors in the intake/charge tube/ram horns. I also see that Turbo Boyz/Turbo Performance have theirs in the reed boots. My question is because you are adding fuel behind the throttle boddies can and does that create a rich spot on on off throttle response? If not, why, and how?

Another question I have is the control boxes. Correct me if I am wrong. The boxes being used from the companies I meantioned before are Dobec, Boost It, and Boondocker? From those specific boxes fueling the secondary injectors, do they have their own maps or are they programable company to company? Also is their a limit of how many times you can give and take fuel away for optimum perfomance?

My final question is. With running a secondary injection system are you running the stock fuel pump or after market because I dont see it on the parts list.

Thank You!!!!!

B

bacon1

Sep 10, 2008
PM NM for anything Boost it related. Or call them, Niel is great to deal with and will answer any of your questions. (403) 704-1032
Or call give the guys at TSS a call. They'll be able to answer all your etec specific questions too. (250) 833-7501

Premium Features