• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Feethookers Boards Review

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
The stock boards on the XP are not great, too small holes, traction nubs are worthless, very easily bent. I struggle with keeping traction while standing on a block of ice, who wouldn't? So I put on a set of Feethookers. First couple days I used them it was cold with several inches of new sticky snow. Most of the time I stopped the holes in the boards were clear without stomping or kicking them at all. Didn't even think about it all day except the times I realized I hadn't slipped off them like usual and hadn't needed to kick them clean. Last couple days riding we have had deep powder, mostly sticky but some a bit drier and light. Group would stop and the other boards would be mostly ice, while mine were mostly clear. Even in a few feet of new snow, a few times I'd feel snow under my feet and just stomp and it would all fall through. The traction is great on these. I always have problems on the XP with my feet sliding forwards into the footwells, which is not where I normally like to stand. These have aggressive traction and my feet do not slide forward, or back, or anywhere I don't want them and the traction along the edge is just as good. Great when I'm just hanging on by a toe and trying not to slip!

Another major issue with XPs is strength, the running boards bend SO easily. These boards feel very strong, the boards don't flex just standing on them, and I think the outer edge adds a lot of strength to them. The powder coating work is very nice, and I'm convinced helps a lot to prevent snow sticking and freezing to them. My main concerns were adding strength, GREAT traction, and snow clearance. I think these boards hit all three and I'm pretty sure I'll never be happy with stock running boards again.

Couple picss of them just after stopping after carving around in several inches of sticky new snow in the trees.

IMGP0012.jpg

IMGP0013.jpg

Pic of them wiped off so you can see them better.

IMGP0015.jpg

Premium Features