• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need feedback - Scala Rider G4 PowerSet for Snowmobiles

S
Nov 17, 2011
Thinking of purchasing the Scala Rider G4 PowerSet for Snowmobiles for my husband. I did some research and a full- faced helmet is recommended with the set because the microphone is on the end of a wire that attaches inside the helmet. We don't ride with full-faced helmets so I contacted their support team and they recommended purchasing a pair of the standard Boom Microphone Audio Kits to go with the set (because the mic is on a boom versus wire) OR purchasing the Motorcycle G4 PowerSet. If I purchased the snowmobile set and the adaptors, it would be ready to go in the future if we ever went to full face helmets or if he rides with someone that has one... I am concerned about wind interference and sound quality. Has anyone used this product/set-up with an open-faced helmet with goggles? I don't want to spend the money if it's not going to perform and many vendors have a very tight timeframe for returns. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

M
Nov 15, 2009
Twin Lakes, Idaho
Hubby and I bought them and I don't recommend spending the money. They constantly disconnect and hard to keep sync'd. They also don't work if u get to far apart even on trail. Called tech support several times and they just say re-sync.

Hubby has a Rino so I just bought the Rino 655t and will get a couple PTT head sets and we'll communicate that way.

Good luck!

F
Nov 11, 2013
Aberdeen SD
My father and I Bought them last year. Love them Yes they do disconnect sometimes, But I find I they disconnect it means That I have to pay attention and slow down because it means the we are getting to strung out. I ride with a open face and goggles, he has no problem hearing me, It just takes a little time to get use to the way they operate, Fairly sensitive to the spoken word does a good job of eliminating the wind noise. We feel so much safer with this system. The way they mount to a helmet makes them difficult to be able to transfer from helmet to helmet, so make sure you like helmet before you install pemanitly

Premium Features