• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need venting....

Superduty348

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
BC
I have a 10 m8 and need some clutch and exhaust venting. I was looking at the the gill vents but I was wondering how the screen type hold up to boondocking against the snow and bushes? Anyone with experiences pls chime in. Thx

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
i have fast lanes screen vents

one carve and my rkt secondary goes thru them, i'm trying the gills this is the way i bought my machine. here in wa our snow is so heavy it might not do it in other areas

S

Shelfrost

Nov 28, 2007
Chetwynd, BC, Canada
Gills are awesome!!! I was the first in my area to have them, lots of ohers since then. I've had them on my 06 M7 running bb800 and D&D twin pipes for 5 years. PM Gutterball on this forum for them.

T
Jan 9, 2010
EC ND
i have the 2cool vents in my m10 and and i also have mo flow in the shock tower on the clutch side and up on the dash along with the mad scientists cage lifter and i remove alot of heat and i havent had any trouble with the 2cools on the side. wether it is ripping through the trees or carving of its side theyre working perfect

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
hey

I tend to run into trees, roll her over when shes stuck, and no holes anywhere. The slp vents are in the shock towers. Heres pics. The 2coolvents are amazing strong, 1000 miles. I had to use a little gorilla glue because i made the holes a wee bit to big. Most of the underhood heat settles by the headlights, and my console is vented alot. The heat pours out of my gauge gage, and other console vents.
Picture020.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture010.jpg

T
Feb 28, 2010
I have a 10 m8 and need some clutch and exhaust venting. I was looking at the the gill vents but I was wondering how the screen type hold up to boondocking against the snow and bushes? Anyone with experiences pls chime in. Thx

I use the 2 cool air vents on my 09 m8. They seem to work well i have had them on for 2 seasons now and no problems. You should try the rage cage from amp they let out a tremendous amount of heat.

S
Nov 3, 2009
The gauge cage from AMP is great (I have one) but pricey. There are many other options, including forum members who make and sell gauge cages. Search and ye shall find. :face-icon-small-win

I also have a hood lift from RKTek. They do not advertise them on their site but if you call up Kelsey he will hook u up.

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
i have the cpc vents because i bought my sled from cutlers. if i were to do it again, i'll get the gill vents. I rode with bret rasmussen and that's what he uses. If they are strong enough for this riding, they are definately strong enough for me. also, i have the gauge cage and tons of heat comes out of that thing. my sled is an 09 m1000

Premium Features