• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mtn/King Cat pics... who's got the best looking sled?

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Engine size

Almost done, took first ride, i was really surprised how well the 500 does.

I've always said that a well set up 5 or 6 with the right track will be hard to beat all around. If your into nothing but straight up deep deep snow then ya, give me an 8 or bigger but how much of that type of riding can anyone do. After a while it gets kind of boring.

P
Mar 28, 2008
N.H.

We dont have the deep snow out here , but i can go more places than anybody else around here with there little 121 800 and 1000s.
This is the 5th sled that i have built, smallest motor but the biggest, it is very light and you can really throw it around.

Thanks to everyone that sold me parts from Snowest. This is the best forum.

P
Mar 28, 2008
N.H.
hood

The Hood came from Bill at mountainfithoods, I wanted one of his new TPO hoods but they arnt ready yet. i might pull a mold from it and make one from fiberglass so i can mount stock M headlights in it. there are no Tabs and you cant hingh the poly hood

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
That is the question I was going to ask, Is that one of his TPO hoods. I am surprised since the Puyallup show and talking with them that they are not done yet. I was hoping for a hinge mount, But not to be!

Mike

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
What if you use a glass cutter drill bit? Should be able to fab up something stiff enough to build a hinge out of. I guess my first question should have been is it lexan, uhmw,or glass?

P
Mar 28, 2008
N.H.

Hey KMMAC The 500 flys, i cant belive how well it does. I did some carb work and the backfiring went away, ended up going up on the jet size. it was set up for 5k to 9k feet im at see level almost. but it really goes good for a 500. im still thinking of trying a turbo on it low boost.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Good to here! Be careful though, Because if the main jets are set for the higher elevation you will want to go larger on them as well. The end result will be seized pistons due to lack of fuel on the top end. The plugs will most certainly be white in color especially on real long wide open pulls. Unless that's want you meant about your jet changes.

S
Dec 8, 2008
I must be out of the loop but. . . What does TPO mean? What are the advantages?

edit: never mind did a quick google search
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ThermoPlastic_Olefin

The Hood came from Bill at mountainfithoods, I wanted one of his new TPO hoods but they arnt ready yet. i might pull a mold from it and make one from fiberglass so i can mount stock M headlights in it. there are no Tabs and you cant hingh the poly hood

Last edited:
R
Sep 21, 2008
Just picked up this 04 900 EFI after looking for two months. Thanks to all that offered advice and answered questions during my search.

Pretty much stock for now. I added the "Cat" flap ($12) since the original was missing.

IMG_4185.jpg IMG_4189.jpg

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
in the shadow of the Rubies, Nevada
Guys... ALL these sleds look AWESOME! Started this thread when I was looking at buying a 900 to get an idea of how to build one up, and im STOKED! Finally got one bought and home... broke in and put the FIRST "hard" miles on it over last weekend. Already had to replace A-arms/Spindles after getting a lil too antsy early on... but thought I would share mine. Still mostly stock on the outside: SLP perf Package, V-Force Reeds, Dial-a-jets, Simmons Skis, 151", BetterBoards. I LOVE THIS SLED!!!:D
P1010354.jpg

0912.jpg

KEEP EM' COMING!

D
Jul 16, 2009
02' 800 & 05' Kingcat

Here's my o2' 800 and a sweet one owner low mileage 05' Kingcat I picked up!
Drove 700 miles and 700 miles back home in one day for this jewel!

moto_0221.jpg IMG_0385.jpg Kingcat and more 145.jpg Kingcat and more 148.jpg Kingcat and more 151.jpg

Premium Features