• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sad day to be a sledder

H
Dec 21, 2007
Normally I'm content with just poking around and reading what others have to say. Well today I have to add my two cents. On Thursday 1/29/09 I was up at Schreibers Meadow riding with a buddy. Upon returning to the truck found that someone had stolen my superclamps. I have a white '07 chevy with a sled bed so you can guess my next dilema (how to get home safely). Anyway I would like to put out a special thank you to those fellow sledders who decided they needed my superclamps more than i did, who else would need superclamps. I will admit fault, I left them under the sled deck unintentionally and not locked up where they should have been. So to all those who ride Baker be aware there is a thief among us!!!!

Last edited:
B
Dec 21, 2006
I am sorry to hear that. Why can't people leave other people stuff alone? Is it because rarely anything happens to them? I believe in Karma and it will come back to bite them in the a%^?

A
Dec 8, 2007
It may not be a sledder who took you Superclamps, It could be just a crime of opportunity. However whoever buys the stolen goods is surely a snowmobiler and they are just as guilty as the thief who took them.
The perfict Karma payback would be them blowing up the only sled the have way back in a steep bowl, having to hike out to get help only to find someone has broken into there truck and when they get back to the sled find it stripped of all its good parts.
In the words of my father ( who get wiser as I get older) "It's not yours, leave it alone"

N
Apr 7, 2008
Litchfield, MN
Its getting to the point that you have to put an electric fence around your stuff when you leave it. Or a rabid attack dog tied to your bumper. What the heck is wrong with people today?? Where are the morals?? Theives need a public beatdown to teach em a lesson these days, whos with me??

A
Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
Its getting to the point that you have to put an electric fence around your stuff when you leave it. Or a rabid attack dog tied to your bumper. What the heck is wrong with people today?? Where are the morals?? Theives need a public beatdown to teach em a lesson these days, whos with me??

Then you get sued for hurting the thief. Shoot shovel shut-up!

B

BigTruck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 1, 2007
Maple Valley/North Bend
Normally I'm content with just poking around and reading what others have to say. Well today I have to add my two cents. On Thursday 1/29/09 I was up at Schreibers Meadow riding with a buddy. Upon returning to the truck found that someone had stolen my superclamps. I have a white '07 chevy with a sled bed so you can guess my next dilema (how to get home safely). Anyway I would like to put out a special thank you to those fellow sledders who decided they needed my superclamps more than i did, who else would need superclamps. I will admit fault, I left them under the sled deck unintentionally and not locked up where they should have been. So to all those who ride Baker be aware there is a thief among us!!!!

I am in no means trying to stir the pot! However, you have been around long enough to know that theives hit the snowparks OFTEN! You also know that people will steal ANYTHING that is not locked up or bolted down!

Again not trying to stir the pot, but why in the hell did you leave them unlocked??? Thats the first thing I do when I take them off the deck is to put them in the cab!

Thats just like the guy leaving his wallet in plain sight!

I am sorry you lost your stuff but somtimes you gotta think.:rolleyes:

(i left you some green rep for your loss)

Last edited:
R
Apr 13, 2002
Washington
I am in no means trying to stir the pot! However, you have been around long enough to know that theives hit the snowparks OFTEN! You also know that people will steal ANYTHING that is not locked up or bolted down!

Again not trying to stir the pot, but why in the hell did you leave them unlocked??? Thats the first thing I do when I take them off the deck is to put them in the cab!

Thats just like the guy leaving his wallet in plain sight!

I am sorry you lost your stuff but somtimes you gotta think.:rolleyes:

(i left you some green rep for your loss)

Jeeze Wally don't be so hard on the Beav.

S
Feb 4, 2008
Seattle wa
This is bull $hit....seems every week something gets stolen at our parks!!!

Time to open our eyes and really watch each our backs....Im getting sick of hearing this $hit

No kidding. after all the posts I've read on here i get jumpy every time i see a vehicle pull into the snowpark with no sled!Honestly what the hell are you doing there in your big pickup with your buddy's? its pretty obvious your not a cross country skier! :eek:

S
Feb 12, 2008
Soap Lake, WA
I have been extremely paranoid this year hearing about all the thieving this year and the fact I have a new sled deck and the thought of that getting jacked. Make sure you insured on your accessories and leave your worries behind.

U
Dec 4, 2008
Seattle, WA
We have had plenty of theft in the Gold Creek / Stampeed pass as well. It was good to see a park ranger patrolling the area last Sunday.
It's Wyatt Earp time guys.....Locked up or not it's your property! If you catch them, well....Do what needs to be done. If we miss them PLEASE report it to the authorities for a waste of time.
Just my two cents. It pushes my buttons to have what we strive and work hard for is violated. Kick *** and take names later.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
No kidding. after all the posts I've read on here i get jumpy every time i see a vehicle pull into the snowpark with no sled!Honestly what the hell are you doing there in your big pickup with your buddy's? its pretty obvious your not a cross country skier! :eek:

Check the trunk. Going to hide the body! See it all the time at baker, a lone car with one guy in it going up the road on a Sunday evening.

N
Dec 11, 2008
I hate thieves too, but thieves don't cause nearly as much grief or nearly as many problems for this country as right wing nut jobs who blindly support administrations like the George W administration.

Premium Features