• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

J
Jan 15, 2010
You have obviously have never lived in coal country(mines and/or coal plants) nor do you know any locals that can be living proof that this article is not true and is only pushing an agenda.

Actually I lived in crested butte Colorado for close to 10 years. While there is no mining there anymore there was a very large mine just over the pass in somerset Colorado. I passed thru there very regularly as we would ride dirt bikes on the western slope a lot. I'm not claiming to be or have been a full time resident of coal country, but I did live quite close to a large scale mine for a long time (although the pass was closed in winter). And I can't say I ever met anyone from somerset that I'd call healthy...

As for the study, you just say it's fake because it says something you don't like to admit. Look at the data, they provided all of their sources, listed limitations, identified what they used for statistical analysis and also declared in writing that all authors do not have any current or potential financial competing interests. Call it fake if ya want, but I'd say it's based on some pretty damn real data and has a lot less potential for bias than what is put out by the deniers.

I'd like to see ya come up with a scientific study based on that level of detail including a statement of no financial conflict from the authors that says it's all rainbows and unicorns from a health standpoint in coal country, especially Appalachia.

Last edited:

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Actually I lived in crested butte Colorado for close to 10 years. .

SAY no more, it all makes sense now
hurt.gif

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
And I can't say I ever met anyone from somerset that I'd call healthy...
I'd like to see ya come up with a scientific study based on that level of detail including a statement of no financial conflict from the authors that says it's all rainbows and unicorns from a health standpoint in coal country, especially Appalachia.
Oh come on James, Appalachia.....They smoke 2 packs a day, drink like fish, eat pure grease and they've never heard of cardio but for sure its that dam coal thats kill'n us(spits out tobacco). Anti-coal fanatics love interviewing/documenting redneck appalachians for "scientific evidence."
Present day everything thats coal related is heavily regulated by osha/msha/epa/state gov/fed gov/watch dog sierra club type groups. It had a bad past 50+ years ago but we are taking in the present so pick somewhwere else to try and prove your pointless point.

J
Jan 15, 2010
Oh come on James, Appalachia.....They smoke 2 packs a day, drink like fish, eat pure grease and they've never heard of cardio but for sure its that dam coal thats kill'n us(spits out tobacco). Anti-coal fanatics love interviewing/documenting redneck appalachians for "scientific evidence."
Present day everything thats coal related is heavily regulated by osha/msha/epa/state gov/fed gov/watch dog sierra club type groups. It had a bad past 50+ years ago but we are taking in the present so pick somewhwere else to try and prove your pointless point.

Ok, show me a report saying it's all rainbows and unicorns with that level of detail based on the same situation in any other area with a major coal operation . And for the record, the report I cited was based on areas in New York, not Appalachia.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I referenced Beaulah ND earlier.
Two Lignite powered generation plants literally in the back yard.
Ottertail Coyote and Basin Antelope plants. A third, Leland Olds plant within 50 miles.
We have relatives living there with zero complaints and no plans to relocate after retirement. So to say we don't have any firsthand knowledge is yet another incorrect assertion.

But feel free to keep on trying.

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Actually I lived in crested butte Colorado for close to 10 years. While there is no mining there anymore there was a very large mine just over the pass in somerset Colorado. I passed thru there very regularly as we would ride dirt bikes on the western slope a lot. I'm not claiming to be or have been a full time resident of coal country, but I did live quite close to a large scale mine for a long time (although the pass was closed in winter). And I can't say I ever met anyone from somerset that I'd call healthy...

As for the study, you just say it's fake because it says something you don't like to admit. Look at the data, they provided all of their sources, listed limitations, identified what they used for statistical analysis and also declared in writing that all authors do not have any current or potential financial competing interests. Call it fake if ya want, but I'd say it's based on some pretty damn real data and has a lot less potential for bias than what is put out by the deniers.

Ok, show me a report saying it's all rainbows and unicorns with that level of detail based on the same situation in any other area with a major coal operation . And for the record, the report I cited was based on areas in New York, not Appalachia.

Where do you talk about new york? You asked Appalachia....doesnt matter, stop trying to tie up bs details to hide your earth gaurdian liberal virtue signalling.

J
Jan 15, 2010
Where do you talk about new york? You asked Appalachia....doesnt matter, stop trying to tie up bs details to hide your earth gaurdian liberal virtue signalling.

NO, I said in coal country, especially Appalachia. Than means in coal country (anywhere, I'm leaving it open for ya) and especially Appalachia... Can you not read???

The report that you clearly did not read before screaming that its fake and pushing an agenda clearly states that it's based on research from areas with coal burning power plants vs areas that don't have them in New York State. Maybe you should read the data before reacting??

Either way, I still challenge ya to come up with said report...

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Thank god Trump backed out of the Paris Climate agreement. Those phonies in the European Union want us to get rid of coal yet they have 102 coal plants under construction.
Overall in the world there are 6,721 operating plants with 2,273 under construction.
In the US: 682 operating coal plants with 0 under construction.
Source: endcoal.org

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Global Warming is total Bull Sh!t!

Global Warming; Is nothing more than you leaving your refrigerator door open. It may be colder in the front but it is hotter in the back where the condenser coils are.

The world is the same way.

We have seen far colder winters here locally than ever before and milder summers.

Sure some places are warmer, but the world wide average is still the same. They are just not measuring enough locations to account for the variances.

Plus they don't want to.

The money's to fund this bull sh!t would dry up if the investors knew the it was all media hype bull sh!t and fake statistics coupled with correction values to tailor the data to their intended audience.

Premium Features