• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Love my 509 goggles with the gold lens

SnowBigDeal

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2003
Mt. Pleasant, UT
www.snowbigdeal.com
Just a quick plug for the 509 sinister goggles & the gold lens. These are the best goggles that I've owned, I never have to worry about fogging at all.

I used the gold lense while snowmobiling in low light & bright light and I also used them playing at the sand dunes. Love Em!

D

dragon12

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
I used the gold lenses in flat light a couple of weeks ago and I really like how they illuminate and bring out definition in the snow. We compared them to 509's with the standard lenses and the gold color was far superior in the low light conditions. I will now need to buy a second set of frames for my blue lenses for the days there is plenty of light. Another great product!

Y
Apr 18, 2008
Eagle River, Alaska
I ordered a pair of the 509 goggles on 4/18 and have not received them. I have emailed twice to get the status with no answer. Can't find a phone number for them either. How long did it take to get your goggles and does anyone know if this outfit is on the up and up? They have already taken the money out of the account. any suggestions?
Thanks for any help!

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
I ordered a pair of the 509 goggles on 4/18 and have not received them. I have emailed twice to get the status with no answer. Can't find a phone number for them either. How long did it take to get your goggles and does anyone know if this outfit is on the up and up? They have already taken the money out of the account. any suggestions?
Thanks for any help!

Hey, sorry for the delay. I've moved offices to a new location over the past couple weeks and it's taking longer to get set back up than expected. However I am currently working to get all pending orders out today.

Y
Apr 18, 2008
Eagle River, Alaska
Thank you and I do apologize if I have offended you. I get antsy when an order takes longer than I think it should. I will be patient, as I think the goggles are well worth the wait, and I am glad that you are settled and getting caught up.

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
Any word on the single lens replacements? Went motorbike riding last night and could have used a clear single lens once the sun went down. The clear/chrome still darkens things a lot.

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
Any word on the single lens replacements? Went motorbike riding last night and could have used a clear single lens once the sun went down. The clear/chrome still darkens things a lot.

The single "dirt" lenses are in stock. I'll have to inventory the options but there is clear, chrome, gold, yellow, etc. All have tear off posts and we sell tear off packs. We'll also have our roll off film system in about a week or two. As well as two new "dirt" style replacement straps. These have the pattern actually woven into the strap fabric, so they don't fade, and are much more resistant to the abrasiveness of dirt (and will of course work just as well on snow).

We also just got our new goggle hard cases in. More info soon. Basically a zippered hard case that holds one pair along with extra lenses. These will extend the life of lenses SIGNIFICANTLY.

Just haven't had a free moment to update the website with the hard cases or dirt lenses. You can PM if interested and I'll get some out to you.

H
Nov 26, 2007
Lake Cle Elum
I see some saying that pro straps do not work and some saying that they have added them, looking at the pics they look like it may be difficult to add straps. What can you tell me about this?

T
Nov 26, 2007
Ronald, WA.
I see some saying that pro straps do not work and some saying that they have added them, looking at the pics they look like it may be difficult to add straps. What can you tell me about this?

I have quick straps on both my pair of 509's Tom sells the straps that you can use the quick strap hardware with.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007

this subject has been brought up numerous times. Tom hasn't come out with a quick strap setup yet, just an extra set of straps that you have to weave into an existing set of quick strap hardware. takes 10 minutes and you have the best goggles in the business. Some guys moan and pizz about having to spend extra 10 bucks on the straps, when they could have used the original set to make into quick straps. my opinion is buy the extra set, and keep the originals incase the velcro or pivot tab for the quick strap setup comes off in the middle of a ride, then you can take the original strap and get through the ride.

Premium Features