• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

700 big block with 754 big bore kit pipes ?

T

treefarmer

Feb 14, 2008
im looking for info on pipes for my 700 big block with ported and polished 754 big bore and slp head can aperson run slp twin pipes through a silencer or will that be 2 much back presure any reply would be great thanxs treefarmer

hymarkin754

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2008
Corvallis, MT
I never ran SLP's. But I had issues with PSI end bleed pipes on the 754. The PSI center dump pipes were great. Mine were standard 700 center dumps. A friend had 700 to 800 big bore center dump pipes and they had bigger outlets and ran even better. Sometimes you can find them used for a decent price. The motor can be finicky and I smoked mine a few times.

R

RTI

Jan 9, 2003
Plains, Montana
I had a UB 770, started out with Crank Shop twins but I had the best luck with an SLP single, much easier to tune, less finicky than twin pipes and wider power band. If you want to ride in the mountains instead of tweaking put on a single.

I agree with RTI, I have a 03 754- shaved head, boysen rad valves, ported, I run a slp single with thing can. After some clutching issues resolved, it runs very well with the single. Alot less finicky for mountain riding, don't have to mess with jetting at all.

B
Nov 21, 2005
9 Mile Falls, WA
Also have a 754, 02 VES motor, cut head, Vforce 3's and SLP Single, excellent power and exceptional torque. Not in the least bit finicky. A friend built a identical engine with the same results.

Premium Features