• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Please Help....Not sure what to do....

S
This is going to be a long post so please be patiant....

Heres the Problem

I changed my RT1000 from a 151 track to a 144 track and now the rail tips are hitting my 10T extros....

Alot of people are telling me to trim my rails but look at the pics and see the problems I am having with that....

Here are some pics of other people who have trimmed rails nd look at the difference...

Pic 1

Trimmed2.sized.jpg

Pic 2

post-9081-1167865196.jpg

Now in these 2 pics you can see that the bottom bar for the limiter strap is located a ways back from the end of the rails...

This is my skid and look where the Bar is located....

post-28012-1196143530.jpg

So that does not leave alot of room to trim....

and I dont think trimming just the plastic end piece will give me enough clearence....

Is there anyway to relocate the limiter strap bar back a bit????
Or should I get an Anti Stab Wheel Kit???
Or should I just try trimming the plastic caps...???

Im stuck..

Please help

Stiff

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
It looks like the limiter strap in the other pics is behind the hifax bolt hole, and yours is in front. I don't see why it would hurt to move it back if you have the room. Don't know to much about skidoos, JMO from looking at the pics.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Easy to move the limiter strap back, but you only have about 1/2 to move the rail caps and you will into your hyfax retaining bolt!

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
Ok. You can move it back but that will change the geometry. You could go with the antistab but from the looks it aint gonna buy you enough room. My suggestion would be to go with the anti stab and do a 1" suspension set back.. Move entire suspension back 1". That should buy you the room needed. Pretty common procedure on poos. Hope it helps ya.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
If your limiters aren't let all the way out. move the limiter strap bar back and let out limiters emough to get your front Torque arm back to the same height off the rail as it was to start with. Measure it before you move limiter strap shaft with the skid out of the sled so the torque arm has them tight. As long as the torque arm gets to the same height off the rail it won't change the Geometry since everything from there to fully collapsed isn't effected.

If your limiters are all the way out now you will have to get your hands on a set of longer ones then do the procedure listed above.

Premium Features