• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rk tek ordering problems

R

Rmk_RDR

Jun 16, 2013
I called Kelsey at rk tek over a month ago
And ordered a drop in kit and rooster weights
And he said it would be a couples weeks so
I waited and now it's been a little over a month
And nothing and I've called him 4 times within
2 weeks and asking what's going on because I
Haven't got billed for it yet either and he hasn't
Answered or called me back yet and now I'm
Starting to get pissed because in less than a
Month snow will be on the ground and I don't wanna
Break my sled apart to find out if I need a new
Block or not until the kit comes. Has anyone else
Had this problem with rk tek because i like rk tek
But this is getting stupid

Last edited by a moderator:
J
Nov 26, 2007
The demand for the product is high. I'm also waiting on my 858 but I cant blame him. I ordered during the busiest time of the year. keep sending him reminders, he's probably swamped right now

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
He's always answered my PMs and returned my calls. Have you left a voicemail? It took a couple weeks for my DI kit to come but most of that was waiting for the BD box so he could ship it all together. And like what was said above I'm sure its crazy for them guys this time of the year.

And btw my motor has zero vibration after the install (also had my clutch balanced to) cant wait to get it on the snow:face-icon-small-hap

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
ordering at the beginning of October..that says it for me...that has to be a wicked busy time for these shops..
Hope ya get some word soon..

R

Rmk_RDR

Jun 16, 2013
Ya I know October is really busy I'm sure but all I'm asking for is to call me back so I at least know I was expecting it to take at least a month but didn't know it would be this hard to get a hold of them

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Hopefully things aren't as "crazy mid winter" as they are now if someone has a burn down and needs replacement parts. That would be my only concern.

bossman15

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2012
bloomington,il
yea i i sent my stuff for a 858 big bore and haven't heard a thing and its been 2-3weeks. i guess you wait for a quality product.

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
It's a back order thing

I've been chatting with him and he's been absolutely blind sided with the order volume. I think he said it takes 4-6 weeks to get a shipment of the wossners after he makes an order.

Be patient, and have the sled ready to pop the pistons on when they ship! He'll get them to ya.

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
He's always answered my PMs and returned my calls. Have you left a voicemail? It took a couple weeks for my DI kit to come but most of that was waiting for the BD box so he could ship it all together. And like what was said above I'm sure its crazy for them guys this time of the year.

And btw my motor has zero vibration after the install (also had my clutch balanced to) cant wait to get it on the snow:face-icon-small-hap

Drop in for mine and a balanced clutch as well. It really is amazing how the vibration goes away with the new pistons.... Polaris should've known something wasn't going to go well with how bad these vibrate

Lind

Lifetime Membership
Sep 14, 2012
Readfield, WI
i know on direct replacement pistons he was back ordered big time. i finally got mine about 2 weeks ago.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Crazy time of the year for orders from just about anyone... engines, shocks, suspensions, turbos... you name it.

Also, try calling early in the day... around 8 or 9 am Mountain Time.

Last edited:
I
Oct 25, 2008
4 weeks and counting on my order for his drop in kit...
I still have a month or two before I can ride, so I'm not too worried yet.

Last edited:
C
Nov 27, 2007
I waited till Oct to order too, but is it really the end of the world if the stuffs not in by the time of your first ride and you need to ride the sled stock again??? my first trip is over a month away still so im not worried

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Another reason October is so tough for shops is that most of them are hitting the snow shows. Traveling all over really takes it out of you. I don't know much about RK Tec but I do see him on the 4M a lot. I'm sure he will respond soon, his reputation as a reliable parts/performance shop relies on it.

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
and don't forget that he has been really busy on the forums, too.

Just another story of the quality service from RKT

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Volume...

As sledders we tend to procrastinate and leave mods / maintenance till the weather turns colder. By then, any builder worth a sh*t is flat out, and parts are on backorder - it's a supply and demand thing. I have my major mods done in May, when the builders have slowed down a bit, and sometimes I even get a bit of a deal. My Carl's big bore was done in 3 weeks including shipping both ways (in May). Patience, you will get your parts - Kelsey is a straight shooter.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
yep..my last bigbore I sent out in April to be ready for the next season , hopefully I will do it the same again...

any other way is like getting a new boiler or wood stove installed in December...lol..issues... issues...

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
Your drop in kit will be worth the wait!!! I just picked my sled up from Cycle North in PG for my pre-season service... The mechanic said it's been a long time since he was able to hear a Polaris engine run so smooth that he could hear the PTO and Mag cylinders firing separate from each other.... He was pretty impressed with it, to say the least!!

M
Oct 15, 2011
I leave 3 very well detailed message on RKTEK voice mail.........

never had a call back so i figure they don't want my business..

Never see that kind of business before

Marc

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
boy its amazing the lengths some guys will go to when they have a bone to pick with a vendor, rkt is in business to sell his product. not someone else's . back orders are a fact of doing business. he is at the mercy of his suppliers to. if he had the product to ship out you would have it. it's in both parties best interest. his business is not the only one that has products on back ordered .I ordered some a arms from timbersled they where also on backorder, is that because he is on snowest to much? no it's because he has a hot product that sold more than expected causing a delay in delivery. i also saw a thread on here about indy dan not taking any more work this year. he's to busy to take in new work . does that make these company's good or bad i'm confused:face-icon-small-con

Premium Features