• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone ever heard of this BDX Oil Injection Elimination Kit?

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
:face-icon-small-shoOK OK I am freaking kidding settle down...

Real thread though, anyone EVER had a problem with one on a 2010 M8?

...and truley how big of a pain in the arse is premixing, for real world riding a couple days a week?

Thanks, I am on the fence and appreciate any words of wisdom

Last edited:

smoothdawg

Premium Member
Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA.
My advice is, DON'T DO IT! Some people have had no trouble. But I personally know of 2 that have. It seized the oil\waterpump shaft to the bushing in the case halves which in turn stripped the gears on both the shaft and crank. End result was a 1500.00 repair bill with us doing all of the work. JMO.

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
I have run premix on all of my sleds and wouldn't have it any other way. I like how consistent the blend is and also the weight savings of the big oil tank. Premixing is no big deal at all for where we ride. I keep 2-5 gallon cans mixed and just add to the sled before we go up. The way I would recommend to do it so you never have to worry about it, is to get a small oil bottle (like off of a skidoo) and leave your pump on there with the bottom hose going into the water pump shaft area like stock, but take your 2 injectors that go into the throttle bodies and plumb them back into the line coming down from the tank. That way, all you are pumping is to that center area. A small tank full of oil would last you many rides, you would still drop like 5 pounds and it would be premixed for a better throttle response and a more consistent blend.

Aaron

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
Thanks guys

Were the water pump burn ups 2010
M8's
Not that it should matter but I'm still curious.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
i have had it on my m8 for three years...the m8s get lots of oil in the cavity from premix..but people put grease zerks or a hose they leave on and oil every three four ride for piece of mind...on mine i have a hose going to bottom of case that i have capped..i take the cap off and i can put gallons and gallons of oil through that hose and fill the crankcase till she is running out the pipes...so if the oil can get from the cavity to the crankcase halves...the premix oil gets to the cavity from the crankcase....so CASE CLOSED....its a great set up

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Keep in mind, it will lean you about about 3%, (1.5 pts on a BDbox), so make sure you're a touch fat to start with. I would assume it is... it's an M8! I'm guessing you're not putting a box on though, so keep it in mind.

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
Good info guys. Anyone using the delete with the new M8 motor?

U
May 14, 2010
Edgerton, WI
Used BDX Oil Injection Elimination on all of my sleds, M-10 and M-8 through 2010 model year, no issues.

Didn't seem to be a big deal to mix at all, I was skeptical at first but it really is not that big of a deal, one thing for me personally, I run race gas so I premix a drum at a time.

S
Dec 6, 2007
Used BDX Oil Injection Elimination on all of my sleds, M-10 and M-8 through 2010 model year, no issues.

Didn't seem to be a big deal to mix at all, I was skeptical at first but it really is not that big of a deal, one thing for me personally, I run race gas so I premix a drum at a time.

are you running a turbo or high copmression heads? why race gas?if there stock it's a waste of money

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
The sled he's runnin... ain't stock. Trust me. :face-icon-small-win

I've been running sunoco 116 in my 2002 mtn cat 600... yeah, it makes like 220hp when you put race gas in it. It's pretty sick.

2010 M8 for sale! trade for a 2002 mountain cat 600 and a barrel of sunoco 116!

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
hey bcil,

You do the grease zerk in the original pump hole on the bottom, no drilling?

I

ItDoAble

Aug 30, 2006
Loveland, CO
.... The way I would recommend to do it so you never have to worry about it, is to get a small oil bottle (like off of a skidoo) and leave your pump on there with the bottom hose going into the water pump shaft area like stock, but take your 2 injectors that go into the throttle bodies and plumb them back into the line coming down from the tank. That way, all you are pumping is to that center area. A small tank full of oil would last you many rides, you would still drop like 5 pounds and it would be premixed for a better throttle response and a more consistent blend.

Aaron

X2 .. Doo makes a small 5oz(?) bottle just for this purpose. No worries ...

907riders.com

Mar 23, 2009
Wasilla, AK
www.907riders.com
Any issues with wearing out the wires on the harness with it zip tied tight to the rail?

A buddy of mine had trouble with his injector wires were the heat shield rubbed thru the insulation on the wire.

Premium Features