• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Modding 04 vertical edge 800 front suspension

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
L
Nov 4, 2009
Hey guys im thinking about modding the ski width on my 04 vertical edge by shortening the linkage that goes to the trailing arm. Has anyone done this. I think like a 36-38 inch width would make it better for sidehilling and boondocking any thoughts out there. and is there a way to get more travel out of the stock front aswell.

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
I took a inch off each side and I'm thinking I'm at 38 inch's. If you go much more than that the the trailing arms will hit the belly pan just ahead of the tunnel mounting bolts.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I that to my 02 and loved it. I even have extra radius and tie rods that I ordered as spares. I'd sell them if you are interested.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
chuck swaybar,carbon fiber trailing arms,fox float2 shocks, slp powder pros,titanium or aluminium spindels.....done

L
Nov 4, 2009
When you guys cut the radius arms did you have to cut the the steering link too or can you just set the bracket on the trailing arm to a different angle

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
I had Fabcraft make custom radius rods and used the stock steering rods. You take up the excess with the arm on top of the spindle. Wimpy on here can make them for you also.

L
Nov 4, 2009
I think im gonna make them out of 6061 alum and i can get my brother to do any machining work they may need, any other material that may be better for them.

I think im also gonna leave the steering arm like INDEEP said and see how all that will play out seems like its all gonna be quick and simple ill tell you all how it goes

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Before you get too stir crazy and cut your steering rods and rad rods. I think you should just take your sway bar out and ride it like that. You wont believe how much easier it pulls over. I have never been a real big fan of narrow ski width's 41 has always worked well for me.

S
Feb 5, 2009
i wold go with a 7075 aluminum if your getting them made it has better "memory" sorta like spring steel and will resist bending much better than the 6061

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
Narrow...

I have been thinking about doing this to my machine for a year or so. But I wasn't sure if I would like it. I think the roll over for side-hilling would be nice, does it adversely affect trail riding?

Premium Features