• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What mileage on a 600SDI to replace top end?

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
I am considering selling this sled, as I really want an 800 151. But if I can't get it sold and get a new one before winter, I'll be riding it for a while longer. I haven't done any engine work to it, and I'm wondering if I should go ahead and do the top end before winter. It's an 07 600 SDI Rev. I'd hate to start the winter and have it blow- taking time out of my riding. I'm not sure how much more mileage I can get out of the SDI than other Rev's? It has about 3200 miles.

C
Dec 8, 2007
I ride with a few people that have over 5000 miles on their 600 SDI's without ever touching the engine, however all are different. Do a compression test and make sure they are reading approximately the same on both cyl.

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
Wow, thanks! I guess I'll just check it over, check compression and keep riding it till I get a new one. Unless I sell it first. It's such a great running sled, I hate to sell it. I just need a longer track, and would love an 800 for the places we ride. Thanks.

Premium Features