• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Compression on an 2007 600 HO SDI

K
Does 135 per cylinder on an 07 600 Summit HO SDI sound about right? I'm purchasing this ex-rental (Great Canadian Snowmobile Tours) with crank and cylinders re-done. New clutching, front end work and stator done. Anything else I should look for before the up coming season?
One more question. If I put a lightweight can on it would I need to do anything else fuel wise. Some carbed units you have to adjust jetting but is there any harm or benefit to a can?
Thanks in advance :beer;

Last edited:
D

dieseldog800

Nov 24, 2005
Bancroft, Nebraska
I checked my 07 summit 600sdi for compression this winter. With 1300 miles on it, both cylinders had 145lbs of compression. I would say that you would be good to go with 135lbs. I put an HPS can on my sled when it was new and haven't touched a thing motorwise. The can has a sensor port in it so your motor sensor can detect exhaust temps and compensate. You may notice a slight hesitation that you will have to push through that occurs right around 7000 rpm. Has to do with the programing and hasn't affected my riding yet but it does get flippin annoying when racing back to the trailer at the end of the day. It hasn't bothered me enough to look for a fix yet. Otherwise mine has been a gas and go sled so far...hope yours will be too. BTW...get a dynamo joe clutch kit for it.

Last edited:
K
I checked my 07 summit 600sdi for compression this winter. With 1300 miles on it, both cylinders had 145lbs of compression. I would say that you would be good to go with 135lbs. I put an HPS can on my sled when it was new and haven't touched a thing motorwise. The can has a sensor port in it so your motor sensor can detect exhaust temps and compensate. You may notice a slight hesitation that you will have to push through that occurs right around 7000 rpm. Has to do with the programing and hasn't affected my riding yet but it does get flippin annoying when racing back to the trailer at the end of the day. It hasn't bothered me enough to look for a fix yet. Otherwise mine has been a gas and go sled so far...hope yours will be too. BTW...get a dynamo joe clutch kit for it.

Thanks Dieseldog. Good stuff.:beer;

Premium Features