• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DNR pinched me on my exhaust now I need some help to fix it!

E
Feb 28, 2012
Madison, WI
This weekend up in the Eagle River area a DNR agent pulled me over and said my exhaust was too load and not legal. I have a 660 in my 05 IQR with the Dynoport pipe and can. Now I have 7 days to fix it (just the can he thought the pipe was stock) and prove it with a picture. I've had this exhaust on my sled since 07 and never had an issue before.
Anybody have a clue to what silencer I could rid into it just for the "photo shoot" and then it's right back to the Dynoport can. Possible if someone near Madison has a stock pipe and can I could just drop into it for a picture as well would work.
Or is there worth getting the skinz super Q and modify it to work with my dynoport can.

My other thought is to just remove the Dynoport badge from the can and them spray bomb it with a high temp black paint and send him that.

Woodsrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
I would enjoy riding more if I did not have to watch out for noise police and knowing I was not the causing closure of trails. Suggest contacting Dynoport see if they have a can that will pass and I would run that. I don't think you would loose much if any power. If you got pinched once you mostly will get pinched again.

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
you just need to send them a picture? how do they know its even your sled in the picture seems to me with that kind of procedure people would be sending in photos found online if they arent inspecting it themselves

E
Feb 28, 2012
Madison, WI
Yep just send a picture to his email address. It seemed strange to me but I didn't gat a ticket & he never did a sound test on it. He just said he felt it was a little too load but not bad. Strange to say the least.

Nooby

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2013
NE Nebraska
If this DNR guy didn't get any info from you or write you a Ticket I wouldn't do chit. End of story. As others have said, you could send a picture of any exhaust. All sounds hokey to me. JMO

Nooby

Premium Features