• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TECH TIPS for 700 & 800 EDGE's, Free Mods & Best Bang for the Buck

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
E
Feb 22, 2009
Got a question for u guys. Last season my 04 800 ran like a champ on the trail or in 'go anywere snow' but when I would pule a big hill in deep powder it would bog down and blubber or cut out kinda it would also do it when I did cookies any ideas

Are you running a ATTAC? I have had this problem as well, mine would run great playing around all day but if I increased in elevation too fast when climbing then it would sputter out close to the top of a shoot. I figure its something wrong with my ATTAC like it is not compensating quick enough for the elevation change? or my fuel pickup? Float level?

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Are you running a ATTAC? I have had this problem as well, mine would run great playing around all day but if I increased in elevation too fast when climbing then it would sputter out close to the top of a shoot. I figure its something wrong with my ATTAC like it is not compensating quick enough for the elevation change? or my fuel pickup? Float level?

There's no way the altitude difference requires that much of a required change in the fuel curve that quickly.

Dude, you're not dropping your sled out of an airplane without a parachute.

If you think it's the ATAAC, disconnect it for a run, cap/plug the vacuum source on the carb lid, re-attach the vent lines to the air box fittings. change the mains to what's req'd and do a test to rule that out.

If you think it's fuel pick-up related, temporarily mount a fuel pressure gauge onto the handle bars to where you can monitor it during the run, duct tape it to the bars if need be. Do a test run, and eliminate the fuel delivery possibility this way.

Check your fuel tank vent to see if it's not kinked/plugged.

Hope this helps diagnose your sled's problem, post some feedback.

Ztiggi

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2010
Norway
does anybody know this "A"-value?

maybe I'm blind, but I can't find it in the manual.
I just put on a team driven clutch that came with the PERC-kit

Attachments

• clutches.jpg
    clutches.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 33
C

clutch man

Sep 8, 2009
La pine Oregon
just put a caliper on the very edge of the stationary sheave on the drive clutch!!! This is the A- value. I don't know it off the top of my head because they have changed though the years as the clutches have been built with heaver and thicker sheave's. :face-icon-small-hap

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
SECONDARY OFFSET

It's 5/8" (.625")

That 's the diagram for the old style button clutches that measure to the "move-able sheave" so whenever you re-adjust belt deflection it changes the offset.

On The TEAM rollers (which you said you have) the alignment bar measures (touches) the outer fixed sheave which is the more accurate method.

Then there are different offsets for the the TEAM rollers, depending which one you have, the TSS-04( lightweight and narrower) and TSS-98 (wider)

Last edited:

Ztiggi

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2010
Norway
It's 5/8" (.625")

That 's the diagram for the old style button clutches that measure to the "move-able sheave" so whenever you re-adjust belt deflection it changes the offset.

On The TEAM rollers (which you said you have) the alignment bar measures (touches) the outer fixed sheave which is the more accurate method.

Then there are different offsets for the the TEAM rollers, depending which one you have, the TSS-04( lightweight and narrower) and TSS-98 (wider)

looks like I have the TSS-98,

but does anybody know the value to measure if i use a straigt piece of steel and a digital caliper?

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
OFF SET DIMENSIONS

looks like I have the TSS-98,

but does anybody know the value to measure if i use a straigt piece of steel and a digital caliper?

The 5/8 measured to backside of both clutches will get you in the "ballpark" even with a TSS-98

From the backside of the PRIMARY to the front side of the TSS-98 SECONDARY= 2.650"

Last edited:

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
The 5/8 measured to backside of both clutches will get you in the "ballpark" even with a TSS-98

From the backside of the PRIMARY to the front side of the TSS-98 SECONDARY= 2.650"

TTT for SLEDN-X

T
Nov 1, 2011
P'Tucky
Can we go back to oil pump calibration for a moment as there is some unanswered conflicting information in this thread :face-icon-small-con The marks on mine are aligned at idle from the dealer. That is quite a difference from what has been suggested here (aligned at full throttle then try leaner from there).

Does anyone have a shop manual?

Premium Features