• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brake Caliper Options?

M

mrbonk

Jan 5, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Bought an '02 with a custom tunnel and it doesn't run the coolant lines to cool the brake caliper. What are the options out there to run a different set up? Thanks!

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
Brake

Not sure what you are asking. What kind of coolers does this chassis have? Tubes down the runnig boards? U cooler? XC style tunnel coolers? Does it have a front cross over? Rear cross over or are you asking if you have an option to add the cooler back to the brake?

M

mrbonk

Jan 5, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
The cooler now runs down the center of the tunnel and doesn't have coolant through the runningboard edges. I'd like to get rid of the factory caliper setup where the coolant lines hook-up as I wont be running the lines there again. I see that there is a wilwood caliper that would work. Thanks, again!

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Just run it without the coolant lines hooked up. It won't hurt anything. Never really understood why Polaris ran hot water out of the motor into the break any way.

You can unbolt the coolant cover off the top of the caliper as well and get rid of that.

sled_guy

C
Nov 27, 2007
Selah WA.
been awhile for brakes, but if i remember correctly the rotor from a (somebody help me out here) pol 440 race sled? or similar is factory drilled and slotted and cheaper than a stock replacment! seems like it was 20 bucks but like i said its been awhile and i hope im not passing bad info. but definetly worth looking into.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
i was kinda wondering why it did that? i can just bypass it?

I don't preheat my brakes. :)

Yes, you can just bypass it.

The theory originally was that the newer brake pads require some heat to work right. That never seems to be an issue for me.

The other thought was that by keeping them warm they don't build water/ice.

I don't have a problem with that either.

sled_guy

Premium Features