• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"7-"8 Riser

Volvokvaloya

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2008
Northern Norway
Anyone have a opinion what 7-8 inch riser and bar works best on Edge 2004 for mountain riding.

I have a Fly Mountain Bar now with a MMP 7inch riser,but i`m going crazy that it`s bending and moving every way,both in the upper (bar) and the lower (steering post) end.

Pictures please!!

Tnx

S
Jan 15, 2008
PNW
i have a 4 inch rise on mine with stock bars and i've never noticed bending in it.i tighten the clamps every ride and make sure the post is doing ok.

i think your best bet will just be to reinforce the post as best as you can.

Last edited:
P
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls
You must be one tall Wegian. Ole's risers is angle cut and solid with no adapter. They'll cut any length rise you want. Probably should look at a cro-mo steering post too.
I run a 5 in, which is plenty high for me at 5'9". Never noticed any bending either.

M
May 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I put an 8" on my machine and I couldn't be happier.
sorry I dont have a better pic.

027-2.jpg

025-1.jpg

D
Feb 16, 2008
Anchorage, AK
I'm ditching my riser and going with Fabcraft's 7" rise handlebars

I'm using Fly motocross aluminum bars and a 3-1/2" Rox riser. That is about 7" of rise.
It might be a good idea to upgrade your steering post if you haven't already. SLP has their heavy duty steering post for the Edge models for about 1/2 price in the new catalog.

Premium Features