• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installing grippers on m series

Mr. BB

Premium Member
Sep 7, 2009
Is their a consensus on how best to install grippers on a (in my case) a 07 m8? One thing I got out of reading a lot of posts is don't use Polaris ski dampers, to soft, tear up easily. But do use cat 7/16" bolt and damper (maybe) by drilling out bushings or finding correct new bushings. Here's where it gets murky for me. Some seem to use cat dampers as is and force it all together. Some grind out ribs slightly and put it together. Some grind ribs out entirely and use spacer under damper. And then some r using ski-doo rev dampers. I hate to be whipping a dead horse here ,but I'm sure there is one super way of doing this and hoping someone will take pity on me and let me in on the secret. Honestly I have researched this. Thanx

Last edited:
S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
yes the Polaris ski rubbers are $h!t don't use them but if you go on to the Polaris axys side of these forums you will find a company that is making a polyurethane compound bumper that is supposed to hold up to the life of the ski! not tested by us yet "do to still being in production" if u want a set tested and proven to last PM Sage Crusher
user_online.gif
he is placing an order with gulfi {I think that's his name} for about 50 of us, they are coming from over seas so if you want a set of those you better jump on the ban wagon! I think the one from over seas are going to run us about 60$ and the ones from DuraPro
user_offline.gif
about 70$........maybe it was 50$ and 60$ but either way they are suppose to be the last set you will ever need for the skis and both provide a better dampening fields {by far} than stock. durapro provides spindle foot angles to see if it matches up with what you have. hope this helps ya on the venture.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
use the ski rubber for the 12-15 proclimb take a razor and cut the bottom side buttons off in the row they contact the rib of the ski. don't grind on the ski.
done.

Premium Features