• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Team primary with big fin secondary

A
Jan 16, 2008
Anyone running a team primary with the 2014/2015 big fin secondary?

What spring/clutch weight might be recommended?

How can I check clutch alignment? Will the stock alignment bar work (1.485)?

I have this setup on a 2014 proclimb with tki belt drive. Everything else is stock except for diamond s can.

Run between 1,000'-6,000'

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012
Not sure on clutch setup. But as for alignment I can't see it being different from the 15 primary. The offset is measured between the fixed sheaves on both clutches. So it shouldn't change with the team. Best would be to put it on and check with the same alignment bar and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Anyone running a team primary with the 2014/2015 big fin secondary?

What spring/clutch weight might be recommended?

How can I check clutch alignment? Will the stock alignment bar work (1.485)?

I have this setup on a 2014 proclimb with tki belt drive. Everything else is stock except for diamond s can.

Run between 1,000'-6,000'

I run this set up in AK. I just floated my secondary clutch. I run 73g primary weights with a 36° Hercules helix, and purple h5 spring https://www.speedwerxstore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2314 works awesome.

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
I run this set up in AK. I just floated my secondary clutch. I run 73g primary weights with a 36° Hercules helix, and purple h5 spring https://www.speedwerxstore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2314 works awesome.

Do u have the old Hercules or new with the larger bearing?
I installed the original Hercules helix on my 14' pc turbo after my dealer (David's performance) suggested it for reducing belt heat. I ended up dropping a bunch of clutch weight to hit the same rpm. It does seems to run a bit cooler on the clutches but I also gained a lot of bottom end response with the lighter weights. Last winter Dave let me try his demo NEW 36-40 Hercules helix with the new larger bearing and that was even more impressive. It is even more rippy on the bottom with even lighter weights (7 gr) and then the top end pulls like a freight train skis in the air till 80 mph with the 40 finish on the helix. My turbo really likes the new improved wide bearing 36-40!! If you don't have the new larger bearing hercules you might want to try it!!

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Do u have the old Hercules or new with the larger bearing?
I installed the original Hercules helix on my 14' pc turbo after my dealer (David's performance) suggested it for reducing belt heat. I ended up dropping a bunch of clutch weight to hit the same rpm. It does seems to run a bit cooler on the clutches but I also gained a lot of bottom end response with the lighter weights. Last winter Dave let me try his demo NEW 36-40 Hercules helix with the new larger bearing and that was even more impressive. It is even more rippy on the bottom with even lighter weights (7 gr) and then the top end pulls like a freight train skis in the air till 80 mph with the 40 finish on the helix. My turbo really likes the new improved wide bearing 36-40!! If you don't have the new larger bearing hercules you might want to try it!!

I assume I have an older one. I had hi tech performance add an oil lite bearing to the inner sheave as well. They sleaved it and added a nice wide bearing. http://hitechperformance.net/about.html

20171214_153559.jpg

Premium Features