• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

8t drivers in a 16 ltd

otist

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
I know I've asked about this before. But I don't want to cut up my sled, so I'm thinking about just trying to stuff 8 t drivers under it. But from what I can tell I'll only have 1/4"-1/2" of clearance to the cooler. So before I spend $250. I wanna ask those of you who have done it... Any regrets?

WY_Covert

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2017
Wyoming
I know I've asked about this before. But I don't want to cut up my sled, so I'm thinking about just trying to stuff 8 t drivers under it. But from what I can tell I'll only have 1/4"-1/2" of clearance to the cooler. So before I spend $250. I wanna ask those of you who have done it... Any regrets?
Haven't done it but I have drivers on shaft $125.00 plus shipping. If you need some.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

knh208

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
It works, but not as well as the Mountain Cat. It was okay to put in, but brutal to take apart after.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I put a few 3" on 8t drives on 16 sno pros, tight but fits. just like above you can find used ones for 100-150 price range.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
It fits and is absolutely worth doing. It really lets those sleds stretch their legs finally. Just gearing up doesn't do it IMO. Stock gears, 8t only. Your entire drive train will work better.

I had the same mindset last year, didn't want to cut up my tunnel. It's a very noticeable improvement just doing the bigger drivers and nothing else.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
It works, but not as well as the Mountain Cat. It was okay to put in, but brutal to take apart after.

I asked one of the Cat engineers about this when the 3" Powerclaw came out and he said "you can probably get it in there...getting it out will be another story"

knh208

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
Yup. I put mine together solo. It took two of us more fighting than we wanted to get it out. We were pretty upset with it by the time it was on the floor.

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I took a small tin sign that was about 14 x 20 And wrapped it between the track and drivers, after that I was able to give the drivers a good kick yo get them out.

jcropper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 23, 2013
Battle Ground WA
Defiantly worth doing ! Sled responds much better off the bottom, better snap to get the ski's up when need it.

plus it makes it an animal in deep, just feels like a tractor and makes you feel totally confident that you can go any where

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I managed to get them in (and out when I dropped the case) by myself.

In both cases, I got a milk crate and held up the upper part of the track using some tie down straps. It at least gets the track pressed up against the inside of the tunnel to keep it from wrapping around the drivers. That with some soapy water and you should be able to get them IN okay.

Just make sure you don't ever trash your track so you need to undo it. But if you do, I did the milk crate in the back, and then rolled the track forward with some aluminum bar stock in the windows so that it forces the track up off the drivers.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
To install, It took less than 10min by myself no special tricks. Taking out...... whole nutha story!
Hope i don't need to.

Mountain Cat

Premium Features